Thread: Help with creating a simple php script

Thanks

Default Help with creating a simple php script

now I'm fairly new to the whole php stuff have been a xhtml/html person for years, also knowing sql/mysql for about 2-3yrs I have basic knowledge about this but I was curious, how I would go about creating a script for php that would example like myspace where you hit "edit" in the box you want to edit the text and it would take you to a page to edit the text in that selected area you wanted, then would automaticlly change when the user hits submit, I know its simple but I don't seem to know lol :P

Any help with this would be greatly appericated

edit* I suppose it'd be very similiar to a comments script expect the user gets to edit the text area to their liking, when they select "edit" for the website.
    Last edited by gourk; 05-31-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

Well, this is the same basic setup as a comment script. The only difference is that rather than adding a new bit of text to the page, it overwrites the old one (stored in a text file, or the database).

You can look into a full CMS (content management system) as well.

Since you're not asking a very specific question, that's about all I can say for now. If you search through some of the older threads around here, you'll find lots of examples for various situations, though, I think.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum