Thread: "overflow: hidden" not working on firefox when the div contains flash inside

Thanks

Default "overflow: hidden" not working on firefox when the div contains flash inside

i'm trying to create a div with a fixed height and width. The div will contain a SWF file whose size is bigger than the size of my div. I'm doing this because i need to create a flash with menus that contains pop-up menus upon hover but i want the pop-ups to be invisible initially so i'm trying to hide them by giving the div a dimension that will show only the main Menu and the secondary menu will be "hidden" tru "overflow: hidden" css property.

my problem is, the "overflow: hidden" is not working on Firefox. It doesn't hide the overflowed part but only stretches the div and expose the entire flash movie.

here's my sample html:
    http://www.fathermarcuss.com/overflowtest/

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Code:
    <embed src="categories-testing.swf" wmode="transparent" qual . . .
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

IT WOOOOOOOORKED!!!

Thank you very much, jscheuer1.

You will be rewarded in heaven sir Just kidding.

thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Code:
    <embed src="categories-testing.swf" wmode="transparent" qual . . .
    I have another problem though. On IE7, when i click on the hover, the pop-up part of the flash gets back the back of the bodytext.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleshaolin View Post
    I have another problem though. On IE7, when i click on the hover, the pop-up part of the flash gets back the back of the bodytext.
    You haven't changed the demo page, and I cannot (due to security restrictions) see anything about interaction with your Flash in a local mock up. And, I'm not really clear on what you mean. In IE 7, the way the demo currently is, I cannot click on the black part that appears on hover because if I rollover to it from the gray area, it disappears. There are no javascript mouse events or css :hover pseudo class that I can see anyway, so I would imagine the issue you are talking about has nothing to do with either javascript or css, rather with your Flash Action Script. Please be more specific about what is supposed to happen, but you may still need to ask about this new issue in the Flash forum, as I'm not much up on Action Script.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate