Thread: Sound Problem on my pc

Thanks

Default Sound Problem on my pc

Hi guys

Whenever i am about 10mints or 60mins into the computer being turned on, the sound just stops. I cannot hear anything and when i click on the audio icon on the taskbar, a message comes up saying "There are no active mixers devices available".its so annoying. its happening for about 4months now.

Thanks

Thanks

That sounds like a driver issue with the sound card. Try re-installing the driver and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Default Might be a problem with your default setting

Another issue is that the problem could be with your default audio device... If you have Windows XP do this:
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices
    3. Click Sound and Audio Devices
    4. In the window that popped up click the Audio Tab
    5. Under the Sound Playback select box make sure that nothing external is set. Like I have a M-Audio Fast Track Pro which has external audio outputs, so when ever I plugged that it, it would use the Fast Track instead of my normal audio card.
    If you have Windows Vista... Ask someone else *I use XP because I don't have vista*

I hope this helps...
    // Edit:
    If you have a list of options to choose from in the sound playback and don't know which is the correct one, list 'em up and I'll help you out... Or Google them...
    Last edited by Rockonmetal; 05-15-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: stupid enter...

Thanks

Well if it stops about 60 minutes in, it could be due to the fan on the sound card over-heating. You might want to check that out - I had to get mine replaced not too long ago, actually.
    - Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mburt View Post
    Well if it stops about 60 minutes in, it could be due to the fan on the sound card over-heating. You might want to check that out - I had to get mine replaced not too long ago, actually.
    good point... Make sure your computer's fans are not blocked by objects like papers, walls, BLANKETS, or cables. Over heating of the computer can cause many symptoms *I feel like a computer doctor...* like lowering of the battery maximum capacity, fires, smoke, very hot objects, and general slowness... My computer has only had smoke once... *cuz ants invaded it and they burned when I turned it on... *

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rockonmetal View Post
    Another issue is that the problem could be with your default audio device... If you have Windows XP do this:
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices
    3. Click Sound and Audio Devices
    4. In the window that popped up click the Audio Tab
    5. Under the Sound Playback select box make sure that nothing external is set. Like I have a M-Audio Fast Track Pro which has external audio outputs, so when ever I plugged that it, it would use the Fast Track instead of my normal audio card.
    If you have Windows Vista... Ask someone else *I use XP because I don't have vista*

I hope this helps...
    // Edit:
    If you have a list of options to choose from in the sound playback and don't know which is the correct one, list 'em up and I'll help you out... Or Google them...
    Yes, he is, indeed, using Vista.
    That sounds like a driver issue with the sound card. Try re-installing the driver and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps.
    I once had this problem, as well, and I managed to 'almost' solve it by, yes, reinstalling the sound card drivers.
    Last edited by techno_race; 05-18-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added comma
    ....(o_ Penguins
    .---/(o_- techno_racing
    +(---//\-' in
    .+(_)--(_)' The McMurdo 500

Thanks

hi... i am a new member... i want to ask you something and i will be pleased if you answer me.... i deleted some programs from my pc... and by fault i have deleted a program about the sound... and now i cant hear anything on my pc... the litle speaker that appears down right in the screen is now longer appearing... what that mean??? can i do something for that??? please tell me...