Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help creating order form

Thanks

okay... I know what I want to do as far as database information, but I'm not sure about the setup. Could I use an Excel spreadsheet for that?

And for the php results - I'm mostly happy with them, except that now when I hit 'submit' with only one or two services filled out, all the textarea field names show up.

Example: I just filled in a letter of the alphabet for name/email/address and the textarea fields for the flier/brochure service, and this is what I got:

Code:
    Name:a
    Email:b
    Address:c
    Company Name:
    Company Description:
    Company Name for Business Card:
    Company Contact:
    Forum Name:
    Sig_Avatar_Description:
    What is the event?:d
    What is it for?:e
    Who is it for?:f
    Other event information:g
    Notecards: Artwork to be included:
    Buy artwork with notecards?
    Selected artwork:
    What do you need?:
    Please describe:
    I just want the filled-out fields to show up. Is this happening because of the 'testing output' part? What I mean is - when I set up the site and take out the testing output code, will all that still show?

also - how do i put space in-between the field names?

Thanks

okay... I know what I want to do as far as database information, but I'm not sure about the setup. Could I use an Excel spreadsheet for that?
    To organize the architecture of the database? Sure... A mySQL DB is basically a spreadsheet anyway. If you know how you would set it up in Excel, it'll be easy to convert that into a SQL structure.

I just want the filled-out fields to show up. Is this happening because of the 'testing output' part?
    Yes. The page that you're seeing now won't show up in the final version. It's just a test page to make sure everything works. Do you want that information to show to your visitors (i.e. like a confirmation page?). It can be tweaked to only show the info that is entered but I didn't find that important to just test it.

how do i put space in-between the field names?
    Which field names are you talking about?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

newgurl (06-29-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    To organize the architecture of the database? Sure... A mySQL DB is basically a spreadsheet anyway. If you know how you would set it up in Excel, it'll be easy to convert that into a SQL structure.
    awesome. Do you want to see the spreadsheet when I finish with it? And if so - how do I show it to you?

Yes. The page that you're seeing now won't show up in the final version. It's just a test page to make sure everything works. Do you want that information to show to your visitors (i.e. like a confirmation page?).
    that's good... and yes, I would like to have a confirmation page of sorts. Maybe just something like a page that says "Order Confirmed", and lists what they ordered, and then has a link for them to go back to the home page if they want to... that won't be too hard to do, will it?

Which field names are you talking about?
    for the results page - the stuff I posted before. How do I space out the results so they are easier to read?

Thanks

awesome. Do you want to see the spreadsheet when I finish with it? And if so - how do I show it to you?
    Upload it to the web and then post it here. Mediafire is a good host.

for the results page - the stuff I posted before. How do I space out the results so they are easier to read?
    Why don't we hold off on this until we actually build the result page. Currently it's only in a state suitable for testing.

Thanks

Wink

Hi I am learning from this coding you are doing as it is similar to what I am needing to give a quote. Can I include a running total with this?
    Also I tried the order.php and it gives lots of errors. Would it be because I haven't placed any if empty before the isset to echo?
    Thanks slowly learning