Thread: Free MySQL Hosting

Thanks

Default Free MySQL Hosting

This is impossible. I must have gone through dozens of sites such as:
    freemysql.net -service is temporayrly down.
    freesql.org - 404 error on phpMyadmin
    awardspace.com - No conformation email ever receved.
    Does any one know of any other RELIABLE site that hosts MySQL for free?
    I have gone through the lists at free-webhosts.com(or .org??) and I have had no luck.
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

Thanks

I still have yet to see any free (no strings attached) MySQL hosts that offer good reliable service. I guess the saying, "you get what you pay for" really means it in this situation.

There's also websites that offer free reliable hosting which include mysql, but they are usually point based. Basically based on how much posting you do or how much you help the community etc. I haven't tried any of those, but Ihave heard they are good, if you don't mind being a part of their online community.

Or find a cheap host for 3 bucks a month that include MySQL dbs.

Thanks

I know that, if you just want to use it for MySQL, ProfuseHost.net has a pretty good deal with their free with ads plan, they seem to be playing sounds ads now though so I'm not so sure. I hosted with them for a good 5 months and had excellent speed/reliability/features/support. But whenever I started hearing audio ads that had no display or way to stop them I ditched 'em. You can give them a shot if you like though.

EDIT: Also, I know some people have found the registration page hard to find so here.

Thanks

I was going to quote "you get what you pay for" as well, but I see that's already been done.

Free webhosts exist and in fact with enough combing through the depths of the web you can find just about anything you want, but if you want something too great, the other features on the host will be severely lacking. Huge files? low bandwidth. PHP? High security blocks and little space. Etc.

Free mysql hosting shouldn't be hard, but I doubt you'll find one that is reliable and doesn't have annoying security restrictions, etc.

Not trying to sound discouraging, and good luck, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Actually Profusehost has everything I ever needed enabled, PHP mail() and many other features. Great bandwidth, space, file size limits were like 5 megs I think for PHP uploads, as for the normal I'm not sure. They had some pretty sweet features.

EDIT: Not trying to spam the page, just saying they were good....

Thanks

No, that's great. I'm just sure there's another downside, like storage space, bandwidth, or types of files allowed. In time anyone who enjoys web design will be limited by free hosts and ready to get something cheap of their own. ($5/mo can do a lot!)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Ya. I've heard good things about e-rice.net, they have some pretty cheap plans. I can't speak from experience here though.