Thread: Opacity Help

Thanks

Question Opacity Help

is there a way to make a div that does opacty from 100% to 40% from bottom to top...

Thanks

You mean like a gradient? I think it would be easier, since I don't know how to do that, to make a .PNG have a transparent background from top to bottom and that should create the same effect if I'm getting you. As I said, I'm not aware of anyway to do exactly what you asked besides possibly many DIVs with different opacity until they reach 40%.

Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimFA View Post
    You mean like a gradient? I think it would be easier, since I don't know how to do that, to make a .PNG have a transparent background from top to bottom and that should create the same effect if I'm getting you. As I said, I'm not aware of anyway to do exactly what you asked besides possibly many DIVs with different opacity until they reach 40%.

Tim
    Vinny...

Tim is correct. There are some experimental techniques to create gradients without using images, such as this (using PHP) and this (using javascript).

The easiest way would be to create an image and apply it as a background or overlay it with absolute positioning (depending of the effect you're trying to achieve). An alternative way, as Tim points out, would be to create multiple block elements with varying color/opacity. But that would hardly be an effecient way to go if you want a smooth gradient.