Advanced Search

Thread: Photographer's Portfolio

Thanks

Default Photographer's Portfolio

Hi,

A want to do something like this: http://filippasmedhagensund.com/#/co...l/kladdss08/1/

I know how to get the images like that. But how would I do the mouse movement via ActionScrtipt. Is it just a gotoAndPlay to the next picture when you click and are past a certain point on the stage?

Thanks

Another question:

How is the sunburst effect done here: http://www.edlokawa.com/

Thanks

Last question (i hope, don't kill me)

When you zoom in on a picture, it is blurry and then it becomes clear. How is this done?

Thanks

Wow....you're full of questions aren't you?

I know how to get the images like that. But how would I do the mouse movement via ActionScrtipt. Is it just a gotoAndPlay to the next picture when you click and are past a certain point on the stage?
    No...if the images were embedded within the flash movie, you'd be waiting 2 and a half centuries for everything to load. The images have most likely been brought in dynamically. Look into the MovieClipLoader class.

You can do the animation any number of ways. My personal favorite tweening engine is MC Tween and/or Tweener. You should research those to see how the tweening is done.

None of the animation is really complicated. Once you understand the methods, it should be fairly simple to implement.

How is the sunburst effect done here: http://www.edlokawa.com/
    If my sunburst effect you mean the flash to white transition between images... it's not very complicated at all. It's just a blur effect coupled with the alpha property (transparency) of the image going to 0.

Both of these things can be accomplished with the tweening engines I linked to above. For blur effects look into the blurTo() method and for alpha tweens, the alphaTo() method.

When you zoom in on a picture, it is blurry and then it becomes clear. How is this done?
    Again, look into the MovieClipLoader class. What's probably happening here is that there are two sizes of each image. A smaller image for the regular view and a larger, higher resolution image for the zoomed in view. When you first zoom in the smaller image is being enlarged, therefore, pixelating it. Then when the larger image has finished loading (via the MovieClipLoader class), the pixelated version is faded out to reveal the higher resolution one in its full glory.

Hope all of that helped. Let me know if you need help with any of the actual coding. Take a look at those things I liked to and do some googling. There are a ton of resources available. Also, search my posts here. I've helped a lot of people with MC Tween...so you should be able to learn form those.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

ReadyToLearn (05-03-2008)

Thanks

Sorry for all the quetions. But you're an angel. Thank you for all the help.

Ehhh. It looks like I will have to be doing a lot of reading into moviecliploader class and mc tween and tweener. I want to start with the other project and then integrate these effects into it.

Thanks.

Thanks

Ask away! Contrary to what it seems is popular belief, I don't mind questions. I don't think any of us regular visitors do. We like helping thats why we're here. If I ever got tired of lending a hand and answering questions, I'd just stop visiting.

I was just surprised at the 5 threads at once, that's all.

But to the topic at hand...
    Yes, the MovieClipLoader class is a very important tool if you're dealing with loading external elements. It works for external .swf files as well as images. Lee Brimelow has a video tutorial at gotoandlearn() on loading external swfs if you want some visual guidance on the MovieClipLoader() class. He also has some great tutorials on MC Tween and Tweener (AS3). It might be a good resource for you to look at.

The website is www.gotoandlearn.com.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

ReadyToLearn (05-04-2008)

Thanks

Thank you! That is a wonderful site. It is full of interesting tutorials.