Advanced Search

Thread: Slashdot menu problem

Thanks

Default Slashdot menu problem

1) Script Title: Slashdot menu (nested edit)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slashdot.htm

3) Describe problem: I have implemented the menu and love it...except one thing. Every time I click a link top a new page the menu appears fully streched out for a couple of seconds and then contracts. Is ther a way to stop this?

The URL where you will find my menu is here >>
    http://www.ukhomeinteriors.co.uk/dev/content/range.shtml

Thanks

Interesting problem. It's caused by the fact that the menu closes only after the body has finished loading (hence the onload condition in the body tag). In order to change that, you will need to either change the way that function is called (give it another trigger) or else edit the CSS so that the menu is closed--not opened--by default. (My vote is the CSS method, as I doubt moving the JS would work correctly. However, if it saves what submenus are open, you might need to change the JS function that opens and closes the submenus. If not, it should be an easy fix.)
    --Jas
    function GreatMinds(){ return "Think Like Jas"; }
    I'm gone for a while, but in the meantime: Try using my FTP script | Fight Bot Form Submissions

Thanks

Default Slashdot menu

Thanks for the reply Jas. The CSS is fineand the menu is controlled in a .js file. I have messed with the parameters and 2 things stick out. 1) There is a default array for each menu (0=open, 1=closed). I have emptied it and no change. 2) There is a cookie functionality so that the menu remembers what was open on the last page. I have disabled this but the menu is collapsed on every page which I dont like.

Looks like i'm stuck with it!!! Thanks for the time though.

Russ