Thread: Featured COntent Slider - doesn't display in IE

Thanks

Default Featured COntent Slider - doesn't display in IE

1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: I have created a content slider which uses simple external HTML files (no script or CSS style references in external HTML) to display different images. I can view the content slider in Firefox, but it does not display any content from IE? Any ideas on what I have done wrong ? You can see the content slider at "http://www.ardmoremarist.co.nz/seniors.htm"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm not too sure why yet, though fyi, even FF2.x, I don't see the content slider running either on your page. Try changing one of the DIV's rel attribute from:

Code:
    <div class="contentdiv" rel="Senior Team Profiles/Premiers/CChase.html"></div>
    to a valid file that contains no spaces between its file names, unlike the above. That may be an issue:

Code:
    <div class="contentdiv" rel="someotherdir/Premiers/CChase.html"></div>
    Also, you may wish to try Featured Content Glider instead. It's easier to work with if you have many external files to show, as you can combine all of them into one file and simply separate each with a DIV tag.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

tims (04-22-2008)

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.

fyi - If I put the content slider <div> in an accordion menu (from Dynamic Drive of course) then I can see the Content slider in both IE and FF.

If I take it out of the accordion menu I see the frame - but nothing from the external html file.

I will try your suggestion and remove the spaces in the directory name.