Advanced Search

Thread: CSS Looks Good in IE7 & FF, bad in IE6?

Thanks

Default CSS Looks Good in IE7 & FF, bad in IE6?

Hello everyone! A website that I am working on, whippoorwillstables.net, looks good in IE7 and FireFox, but there is something wrong with the DIV's in IE6. I'm using nested divs to create a custom border with rounded corners centered within the browswer window. The style sheet is called ws_style.css. Everything is in the main directory. If anyone could provide me with some insight as to what the problem is I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

IE6 just doesn't have the level of CSS support that we would all wish for. I couldn't pinpoint the exact reason for the differences that you're seeing. Perhaps you're using padding on those divs?

In these cases it might be best to have ie6 only CSS. You don't need to copy everything over, just the one or two lines that you'd like to change. I'd experiment with the widths of those divs that are overlapping the border.

You might also setting the background of the footer to transparent (if the same color is behind it, which it *looks* like it is.

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman
    You might also setting the background of the footer to transparent (if the same color is behind it, which it *looks* like it is.
    I could be wrong, but I thought IE6 doesn't support the transparent background value?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought IE6 doesn't support the transparent background value?
    I don't think so, unless I'm reading the chart wrong :\
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Thanks

Thanks for the replies!

To solve this issue, I had to add position: relative to all of my border and corner div tags that did not already have it.