Thread: Ram : Can i pair 1gb with a 2gb stick?

Thanks

Default Ram : Can i pair 1gb with a 2gb stick?

Ok so im searching for a new laptop. i found one that i really want wchich is this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...#exchange_info

Now the max ram it supports is 4gb. It comes with a 1gb stick. Well i want to buy a 2gb stick to pair with the 1gb stick (which comes with it). My Question... Can I pair the 1gb stick with the 2gb stick or do i need to pair the sticks that are the same size?

I have heard of some pc's where you had to pair them with alike sticks....

Thanks

well, ive had some computers that I was able to pair up a 256mb stick with a 512 stick that gave me about 768megs (give or take). Then there were some computers that I messed with that gave me memory errors (the beeping noise on the motherboard) when i mixed and matched ram. Sorry that I can not really guarantee an results with the laptop you are looking at being that I have not messed with this type before.

Hope this helps nonetheless.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetestingsite View Post
    well, ive had some computers that I was able to pair up a 256mb stick with a 512 stick that gave me about 768megs (give or take). Then there were some computers that I messed with that gave me memory errors (the beeping noise on the motherboard) when i mixed and matched ram. Sorry that I can not really guarantee an results with the laptop you are looking at being that I have not messed with this type before.

Hope this helps nonetheless.

I found the answers here: http://crucial.com/store/listparts.a...6515b%20Series

It says i can pair them.
    Now the brand shouldnt matter should it?? i can get a 2gb crucial and use it with the 1 gb the laptop come with right?