Thread: Layout of my web page is shifting

Thanks

Default Layout of my web page is shifting

Need Help!

When I view my website in other people's web browsers (explorer and firefox), all of my images in my website is shifting. The Images on the right side of my web site is not staying put and is shifting to downwards (or to the next row). It seems fine in my computer when I view explorer, safari and firefox.

How do I code my website so that the images will not shift out of place?

Also when I move my browser screen to the right, it shifts the images as well. How do I tell the browser to keep my images in place?

Can anyone help?
    capale

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, can we please see a link to yours site? It would help much, and even your code will help. I don't get what you mean by shift. If the images are out of place, then thats common. If that is whats happening its either because of your css or invalid html. If there like actually moving up and down it may be a setTimeout or something like that that is affecting your page. I hope this helps you.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    Well, can we please see a link to yours site? It would help much, and even your code will help. I don't get what you mean by shift. If the images are out of place, then thats common. If that is whats happening its either because of your css or invalid html. If there like actually moving up and down it may be a setTimeout or something like that that is affecting your page. I hope this helps you.
    Well, it's most likely that, but it could be other smaller things as well. Some OS/Web Browsers use sizes differently (for example, I've noticed some problems with web pages in Linux FireFox -- and look at the difference from a web page on a mac and a PC). It could also be the default font, the default font size (it's usually 16, unless changed by the user, which can cause problems), etc. For example, in Windows the default font is Times New Roman, whereas in Ubuntu it's . . . I don't remember, because I changed it lol-- but it's a bigger font.

But, yeah, give us the code and more detail about the problem, for instance, what OS do you have? What OS has the problem? What browsers?

PS: Nile: I don't mean to keep following you're posts
    Last edited by Jas; 03-25-2008 at 04:27 AM.
    --Jas
    function GreatMinds(){ return "Think Like Jas"; }
    I'm gone for a while, but in the meantime: Try using my FTP script | Fight Bot Form Submissions