Thread: DD Accordion: How do I apply different CSS to the currently selected submenu item

Thanks

Default DD Accordion: How do I apply different CSS to the currently selected submenu item

1) Script Title: DD Accordion

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ordionmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'd like to know how I can modify the accordion script so that I can use different CSS on the currently selected submenu item.

ie.

Menu A
    submenu 1
    submenu 2 (currently selected)
    submenu 3

I want a different background color for submenu 2 but there is no support for that in current script code.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Are your sub menus also part of the accordion menu? In other words, do they expand/ contact with the animation in place? If so, applying a specific CSS class to the selected sub menu is no different than applying a CSS class to the main accordion menu headers, since each level of your menus is a separate instance of accordion menu. See nested accordion menu here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29611

Thanks

Sorry, I sort of used the wrong language to describe my problem. I should have said different CSS for current submenu item.

For example, in the above menu, if the user is currently on the Upload Photo page, then I want the Photo link between Video and Audio to have a different background color.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm there's no way to "automate" the selection of the sub menu item the user is currently on with Accordion Menu script. It's actually a separate issue. What you basically want to do is somehow give the selected sub menu the desired CSS classname:

Code:
    <li><a href="#" class="selected">Photo</a></li>
    How you go about doing this though, whether manually or automatically, depends entirely on you.