Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: new to flash 2004 mx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    Hi, here a screenshot i took. spend some time looking for a bmp converter
    I see what you mean. I really don't think that looks bad though. I'd opt for keeping the logos at their original dimensions in lieu of resizing them to fix an arbitrary size.

I see two problems here.
    1) The logotypes (text logos) don't have a set height for the type. So if you were to resize them, you wouldn't know what to resize them to (unless you use transparent .pngs with all white space trimmed).

2) I'm not sure if your marquee can handle elements of variable width. I forget if you're bringing the images in dynamically or if they're hard-coded into the .swf.

If having a uniform size is important to you, I'd suggest doing it external of Flash. Yes, it means extra work but that's the only way to achieve a professional result.

If you still want to do it within Flash, here's the basic syntax with mc_tween.

Code:
    #include "mc_tween2"
    logo_mc.yScaleTo(percentage, time(in sec), animation type);
    or

Code:
    #include "mc_tween2"
    logo_mc.resizeTo(width, height, time, animation type);
    Using only the first will give you a distorted image. You'll also have to use xScaleTo if you want to maintain the proportions.

Thanks

erm, should be hard coded i tink? cos i onli use the action frame to do the whole marquee. the timeline etc i 'not allowed' to use it. Then the program i wrote will find the images folder & the .txt file. personally i feel its looks okie without resizing, can`t realli imagine wat some of the images will look like after re-sizing. feel kind of odd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    erm, should be hard coded i tink? cos i onli use the action frame to do the whole marquee. the timeline etc i 'not allowed' to use it. Then the program i wrote will find the images folder & the .txt file. personally i feel its looks okie without resizing, can`t realli imagine wat some of the images will look like after re-sizing. feel kind of odd
    By hard-coded I mean are the images within the .swf or are bringing them in from an external source. Since you're talking about .txt file etc..., I'm guessing the latter.

And I have to agree that it looks fine. It would be much easier (and better quality) to edit the images external to flash. That's what I would do, at least.

Thanks

Hi, the code u gave mi i nt too sure how to use & insert, mind explaining wat is the syntax & animation type means?

i attached it juz in case u dun understand. Realli sorrie for replying so fast

Thanks

Yea. I`m bringing them frm an external source. well i nid to check if i`m allowed to change the images sizing using other software instead of of using coding to control. The chances is i hav to use codes to control them. Zzz

Thanks

That screenshot is impossible to read, lol.

But first, have you installed mctween? If you haven't that's the first step (link is below).

As far as the syntax, i'll let the original author explain it to you. It'll probably make more sense with examples etc... on his site.

http://hosted.zeh.com.br/mctween/

btw...why wouldn't you be able to edit the images using image authoring software. Resizing shouldn't be protected under any type of copyright. If it is, then you'd be violating that by doing it by code as well. The problem arises when you edit the contents, not it's dimensions. But it depends on your source, I suppose.

Thanks

The resizing images was someting i thought out of. My teacher only tell to make the images the same height and he gone for the weekend.. Anw, there an interesting website u recommend. the images i will ask him on monday abt the resizing methods.

btw, the 2 lines of codes u gave, i tink the 2nd one is better since the percentage looks harder

Is my example correct? Erm, the animation type is a must? since i already hav my marquee moving at this present time & must move at a constant pace.

Sorrie in advance abt bomarding u with so much qns at one time

Code:
    #include "mc_tween2"
    logo_mc.resizeTo(100, 100, 10, easeInQuad);

Thanks

Oh I see.. I didn't realize this was for school. I thought maybe the people that own the images had restrictions on you to not resize. It makes sense now.

You're AS is close...but the animation type goes in quotes.

Code:
    #include "mc_tween2"
    logo_mc.resizeTo(100, 100, 10, "easeInQuad");
    Yes, the animation type is required. If you don't want any type of easing, you should use "linear" as the animation type -- this in effect doesn't apply any easing.

With that code, you're resizing the image to 100px by 100px over 10 seconds. If you use this in your application, you'll probably want to make the time really small (like .01 seconds) so it happens right away.

The benefit of the percentage is that you can maintain an aspect ratio without doing the math. For example, your logos (at least the examples you posted here) are 150px by 126px. If you resize to 100 x 100...the proportions will be all off and the image will look skewed. But if you resize the x-axis and y-axis by 10%, then the proportions are kept in line. You could also just do the math and use resizeTo() as well -- which is what I usually do because you're right, it is easier than messing with percentages.

Thanks

Hi, okie i put the quotes on the animation type already. But when i run it, there is an error. (Error opening include file mc_tween2: File not found.) #include "mc_tween2". Do i nid to declare in the beginning? Or i nid to do someting to it?

Thanks

Sorry, that was my mistake...i forgot the extension.

It should be
    Code:
    #include "mc_tween2.as"
    If that doesn't work, make sure you downloaded and installed it.