Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: new to flash 2004 mx

Thanks

Hi medyman,

if i understand wrongly, i gt 2 lines of codes which is like this

// increase loadedImages by .5 and not 1 because the images are being loaded twice otherwise, it will double.
    loadedImages += 0.5;
    if (loadedImages == totalImages)
    {
    replaceMCs();
    }

// decrease totalimages by .5 and not 1 because the images are being loaded twice otherwise, it will double.
    totalImages -= 0.5;

if (loadedImages == totalImages)
    {
    replaceMCs();
    }

Do u mean this 2 statements influence the the number i asked u abt??

Thanks

No, the number of images in the marquee don't necessarily make a difference to the width of the marquee.

If you have ten images that are 10px wide or one image that's 100px wide, it's the same thing to Flash.

The numbers you asked about are in direct result of the width of the logo_mc and it's position relative to the left edge of the stage.

Thanks

If it helps at all... Maybe your just going for the multiple effects flash can put on a marquee... But HTML has a simple marquee code and it works nicely. its really simple tag too... You would nevr guess the name of it... Its called
    Code:
    <marquee>Text images and other junk</marquee>
    You can edit the speed and stuff... Theres a whole reference page here on it:
    http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/_MARQUEE.htmlhttp://It a couple pages but they are down to the point, give you the code and make everything make sense...
    Hopes it helps even though your looking for a way to do it in flash which I don't know how todo...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockonmetal View Post
    If it helps at all... Maybe your just going for the multiple effects flash can put on a marquee... But HTML has a simple marquee code and it works nicely. its really simple tag too... You would nevr guess the name of it... Its called
    Code:
    <marquee>Text images and other junk</marquee>
    You can edit the speed and stuff... Theres a whole reference page here on it:
    http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/_MARQUEE.htmlhttp://It a couple pages but they are down to the point, give you the code and make everything make sense...
    Hopes it helps even though your looking for a way to do it in flash which I don't know how todo...
    An option, if you're not a stickler for usability or compliance. For your <marquee> tag users though, I think there are some plans to add marquee tags into CSS 2 specifications.

Plus, I think the OP is using images...by marquee I'm assuming he/she means a scrolling panel.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip Rockonmetal. but i could only do it in flash
    medyman, thanks for the solution, i still quite a greenhorn to flash so i might have to trouble u for a little longer .Hope u dun mind helping out for a little longer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    medyman, thanks for the solution, i still quite a greenhorn to flash so i might have to trouble u for a little longer .Hope u dun mind helping out for a little longer
    Bring it on! I don't mind at all. I'm glad to help. This forum (read Blizzard) helped me get my start in Flash, so I'm just returning the favor.

If I minded helping people out, I wouldn't visit these forums, lol.

Thanks

Default Image Marquee

Oh bother, now my project nid to auto-resize all the images into a standardized size.

Any tips on how to do it..

Thanks

Are you resizing the image within some type of animation? If not, then you should probably resize the images before you bring them into Flash.

Resizing an image in Flash will:
    1) Bloat your file size
    2) Not have the best results -- distorted/pixelated

If you are going to resize, you should use a high quality .png to achieve the best possible results.

Look into McTween for AS 2.0 and Tweener for AS 3.0 to create the animation.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks

hi medyman , the logos dimensions are all 150 by 126, i suppose there should be no problems. But when i put it in the marquee the the logos with juz the words will be short in height, i suppose my task nw is to make the words to be as tall as the other logos with images. I try using websites with resizing softwares, but without any success.

attached are 2 images juz for reference, in case u not too sure wat i toking abt

Thanks

Hi, here a screenshot i took. spend some time looking for a bmp converter