Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: new to flash 2004 mx

Thanks

Default new to flash 2004 mx

Hi, i new to flash mx. i nid to do a project on a marquee. can anyone tell mi where to find tutorials on making the marquees?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    Hi, i new to flash mx. i nid to do a project on a marquee. can anyone tell mi where to find tutorials on making the marquees?

Thanks
    http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tut...-Marquee/11281

Here's a guide to Google, while you're at it. It's a very useful tool..learn to use it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

venu (05-02-2008)

Thanks

Default need help urgently!!!

Hi orginally i was saying i was doing a marquee. sorry, i doing an image marquee the software i am using is flash mx professional 2004. Any help will be greatly appericated...

i was going to attach the file for reference, but can`t because it doesn`t support .rar files.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

That isn't really defining anything, by adding the word "image". I suppose you mean it isn't text scrolling, but an image sliding?
    You can use tweens for that, and just loop it. I don't expect it would be that difficult.

Anyway, there should be enough tutorials out there-- again, use google.

Now, in terms of the file, which would indeed be helpful, you can use another format including zip (basically a more compatible version of .rar, and you can create that with basically any software that will let you create .rar), or you could just do a screencapture of your trouble and we can view it quickly and help, IF that is enough information.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Default trying hard

I be using actionscript to create the marquee.

i tried doing the marquee by reading up the stuffs etc. attached below is the source code which i written. On the surface its looks fine but the marquee could not display all the pictures i put in another folder. The

In the meantime while waiting for your replys i going to keep trying where i went wrong or i need to add in more codes

cheers

Thanks

Hmm....

Your ActionScript seems waaaaaaay too complicated. I'd recommend the start over from scratch approach.

Sometimes when I code myself into a hole, I just put it aside and come back to it. A fresh mind goes a long way.

In any case, check out the "scrolling thumbnail panel" video tutorial at www.gotoandlearn.com.

That might fit the bill quite nicely. Otherwise, attach your .fla.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

hyk (03-26-2008)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.. i get back to you if i have a problems.

Thanks

haha i found my mistake already

function startScrolling()

{
    logos_mc.x--;
    if(logos_mc._x<=-(logos_mc._width/10))

if logos_mc._x=5;
    }

when i change the 10 to 2, the whole thing work perfectly, can anyone tell mi tell mi y?

Thanks

Thanks

Question some help!!!

Hi can anyone explain y i help my number,the program work perfectly???

Thanks

That would have to depend on your setup. It's a conditional statement so for it to to trigger the events attached to it, it has to be rendered true.

I can't tell directly what actions this conditional triggers from your snippet, so it's hard to tell you why.

But I think this snippet is related to resetting the scroller when it goes too far to the left. What I suspect is that you have a fairly large image/movieclip in relation to the stage.

Say, your logo_mc's width is 100 pixels. Your conditional statement would then be testing to see if the logo_mc's x position is at -10. If it is, then it would reset it to 3. If you have a large image in relation to the stage, that conditional is going to be met pretty quickly. Since you say that your code didn't work before and changing this fixed it, I suspect that your image/mc might have been very close to 10 pixels over the left side of the stage (either due to it's entire size or positioning at the beginning of the movie). You're resetting to 3, so that might be it. So, if you have a frame rate of anything greater than 13, you're not going to get much movement -- the higher the frame rate, the less you'll see (even though the code is executing...just too quickly to catch)

Now, with the same example, changing it to 2 now makes the conditional statement test for -50. This is a far larger scrolling distance. Because of the application here, I suspect logo_mc to be fairly large in width. So, that test value is probably fairly high giving you plenty of room to scroll before the conditional triggers.

Hope that explains it