Thread: Can Accordion Contentwork with jquery-1.2.3.js?

Thanks

Question Can Accordion Contentwork with jquery-1.2.3.js?

1) Script Title: Accordion Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...daccordion.htm

3) Describe problem:
    I've installed this script and used it on HTML pages, but I needed to use it on a Joomla site. I figured out that "jquery-1.2.2.js" was causing a conflict with other scripts on the site. I upgraded to "jquery-1.2.3.js" and it would at least initialize the content and things started to play nicer, but the script won't expand or contract the content.

Is there an easy fix to get this to work with jquery-1.2.3.js?
    Last edited by bradymc; 03-16-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By conflict, do you mean your page also uses another library like Prototype? There's little difference between jquery1.2.3 and jquery1.2.2 in themselves to cause any problems as far as I can see.

If you're talking a conflict with jquery 1.2.3 and some other library, see this thread for a quick solution to resolving it: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29668

Thanks

Doing a search and replace for $ to $j and adding that snippet of code at the top didn't fix it.

Here are all of the scripts called:
    roktools.js
    mootools.bgiframe.js
    rokmoomenu.js
    rokzoom.js
    ie_suckerfish.js

These are all formatted similar to jquery... lots of gibberish (at least that's what it looks like to me)

I realize you'll probably need to see the content of the files. If that's the case, I'd rather PM or email them than post them in an open forum.
    Last edited by bradymc; 03-16-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you have a URL to the problem, that'd be best to pm me that, instead of the actual files.

Thanks

For clarification, in the other post you linked to above, you said to replace all occurrences of $ with $j. Did you mean $ and only $ or does $headers and $subcontent qualify for the search and replace too?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Did you mean $ and only $ or does $headers and $subcontent qualify for the search and replace too?
    That'd be the later, in other words, every occurrence of $. Just do a sweep s&r using a text editor, then add the line mentioned at the top of the changed file.

Thanks

OK, I just wanted to check. that's what I had done before without any results. I sent you a PM with the website link.

Thanks

This has solved another conflict between Accordion and Thumbnail Viewer scripts too. Thanks