Thread: Creating a webpage to query a ms access database backend

Thanks

Question Creating a webpage to query a ms access database backend

I would like to create a webpage and have the webpage linked to a microsoft access database. The website would offer the following:

• It would have buttons that executed predefined scripts.
    • It would have options to let the user enter key words to be included in predefined scripts.
    • It would display the returned data in an excel like spreadsheet on the web.
    • Finally, it would give the user the option to download the data to a csv or tab delimited file.

Does anyone know of a website or tutorial that will give me the basics so that I can design this website?

Thanks

You're not providing enough information to point you in any direction.
    Some considerations:
    Do you want direct access to the access or do you want to dump the data into access?
    Do you want to use a serverside language - which one - or upload the access file to the browser?
    Where are those scripts coming from? Access or from somewhere else?

Thanks

I have a similar question I will try to provide some info, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction:
    I am trying to setup a page on my website with a text input box and a command button.
    A user will type the serial number of their product and click the button...the result I am looking for is a message telling them if their product is in warranty, out of warranty or not in our system.
    I have an Access database with a table called "Warranty_Test" with a table called "Products". The table has (4) fields, SerialNumber (primary key), ModelNumber, ModelName and WarrantyDate.
    So I would like to query this table from our website, check the warranty date of the serial number and provide a message based on the results.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my website to talk to the database? And secondly, what is the best method of querying the database.

Thanks

I have a question I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    I am trying to setup a page on my website with a text input box and a command button.
    A user will type the serial number of their product and click the button...the result I am looking for is a message telling them if their product is in warranty, out of warranty or not in our system.
    I have an Access database with a table called "Warranty_Test" with a table called "Products". The table has (4) fields, SerialNumber (primary key), ModelNumber, ModelName and WarrantyDate.
    So I would like to query this table from our website, check the warranty date of the serial number and provide a message based on the results.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my website to talk to the database? And secondly, what is the best method of querying the database.

Thanks

Many years ago I took over a job where someone already set this up in asp . The thing is you should decide which language you want to/can use. What supported language does your isp provide?

Thanks

If you're still into it, you can of course use mysql with odbc. And have all the scripting power with php.