Advanced Search

Thread: Where to insert Drop Down Menu code

Thanks

Default Where to insert Drop Down Menu code

1) Script Title: Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: I used one of your scripts to create a drop down navigational menu for my existing website, www.roncameronfoundation.org . However, I can only make the menu work on it's own. I do not know how to add this to navigational bar to my existing website so they will function as one. I am new to this kind of scripting. Typically, I am an html girl, but want to learn the more complex scripts. Can you help me? Thank you~

Thanks

Hi doublebucks, greetings from Germany!

Never forget the visitors who have no JavaScript enabled or available! Also search engines can't process JavaScript code in order to find their way around your website. This means that your navigational menue can only be an addition to what is already on the site - or you do have a way to make it "degrade gracefully" when a user needs to navigate your site without JavaScript!

In my opinion a site's navigational menue should be made of a list since the menue consists of a list of links, doesn't it? For more information on how to accomplish this without the hassle of using JavaScript and with a nice fallback for people (or machines) with restricted browser features read this very useful article: taming lists (Alistapart)

Good luck with your project!

Felix Riesterer.

Thanks

Angry You aren't worthy me spending my time over you!

What did I expect from someone who posted his/her first post in a tech forum... At least a reaction of some kind...?

I should have known answering you was in vain.