Thread: Drop Down Tabs Menu - Oddity

Thanks

Default Drop Down Tabs Menu - Oddity

Is there a way to ensure that the menus in the Drop Down Tabs will always open DOWN? I'm having an issue where the menus will sometimes open UPWRDS if they are clicked in the middle of the page (after scrolling down a bit, but nowhere near the very bottom of the page) rather than the top. My temporary solution was to squeeze the line-height and font sizes down so that the drop down menu is never too long to need to open upwards. This also limits how many items I can enter into the menu; too many and the menu will open upwards. This happens in both IE7 & FF.

Any thoughts? TIA!

Thanks

Please post some code or better yet, a sample page showing the problem.

Thanks

I've increased the font size to 12px and the line-height to 15px. Two of the 3 drop down menus now open Upwards, for some reason only in FF. If I add any more links to those menus, it will occur in IE also. I even went as far as to reduce the size of the header image (less space to top of window) in order to keep it from occuring.
    http://bloggerny.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

You should be able to completely disable the script from dropping up when it feels it needs to, by removing the below code in inside the .js file:

Code:
    			if (windowedge-this.dropmenuobj.y < this.dropmenuobj.contentmeasure){ //move up?
    				edgeoffset=this.dropmenuobj.contentmeasure+obj.offsetHeight
    				if ((this.dropmenuobj.y-topedge)<this.dropmenuobj.contentmeasure) //up no good either?
    					edgeoffset=this.dropmenuobj.y+obj.offsetHeight-topedge
    			}

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

pyrexia (03-11-2008)

Thanks

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Sorry I didn't post the script name immediately, I was assuming you could just read my mind as to which one I was referring to.