Advanced Search

Thread: frames

Thanks

Default frames

hi, my new site uses a bunch of frames, and i want to know if there is the ability to do this. i have 3 vertical frames, and an the middle frame, there are 2 horizontal ones. is there any way to make a scrollbar on the far right (the normal area) control the bottom horizontal frame within the middle vertical one. i really dislike the look of the scrollbar in the middle. thank you

Thanks

I don't believe there is - but if I were you, I'd drop the frames.. they're not the easiest tool to work with and don't usually look very good.
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

well, i use he frame for my liks on the left side cause i dont want them to reload the pictures every t9ime. but thank you, i will drop the right frame

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyder
    well, i use he frame for my liks on the left side cause i dont want them to reload the pictures every t9ime.
    The use of frames cannot be justified simply in an attempt to reduce bandwidth usage (which is what I assume you're referring to). As long as you supply cachable data to the requesting client, then the overhead of subsequent requests is negligable (particularly when persistent connections are used).

Frames cause numerous usability problems, and in most cases, prevent spidering by search engines. There are rare occasions when frames really are an appropriate solution, but most of the time they should be avoided.

Mike