Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webservers: going online?

Thanks

Thanks, but google is the first thing I checked. Everything returns stuff like (first result on your seach):
    Internet service provider offers affordable ISP services to both the Arizona and US market with web hosting, highspeed Internet connection and a host of ...
    In other words, they all say high speed internet + web hosting, rather than high speed internet for web hosting.

I thought I was pretty good at searching for things on the internet, but with billions of web hosts out there, it's hard to filter them all out-- especially in this search
    --Jas
    function GreatMinds(){ return "Think Like Jas"; }
    I'm gone for a while, but in the meantime: Try using my FTP script | Fight Bot Form Submissions

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have a little read this may be of some help
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Thanks. That's a great thread, but I still don't know what good ISP options there are. I have the criteria, but no examples.

BTW: about how much might the ISP cost on a monthly/yearly basis? (That is, how much should I expect to pay? I imagine it costs more then your average household high speed ISP)
    --Jas
    I'm gone for a while, but in the meantime: Try using my FTP script | Fight Bot Form Submissions

Thanks

Jas,

If you really want to push and challenge your knowledge you want to host it yourself. There is so much more you have to learn when you do it yourself. But all you learn will stick with you. And my first advice would be to start with monitoring everything what goes inside and outside of your network.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

[Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks

The site mentioned SBC Ameritech static DSL, but didn't give any info on it. I tried googling, but came up with nothing. . . .

I have a bit of criteria that I am looking for in an ISP, and so far I am having a hard time getting past number two-- let alone three. So, here is the criteria. I need an ISP that:
    1. Is static
    2. Will let me host a server
    3. Will allow a small file-sharing kind of website (in other words, a good amount of upstream and downstream)
    4. Is fast and very reliable
    5. Is as cheap as posible
    6. Comes from a trusted company

Any more help and/or advice would be amazing right now. My website is ready to be put online, but I need the right ISP first.
    --Jas