Thread: Paged WYSIWYG

Thanks

Default Paged WYSIWYG

Hi all,
    I am working on a project where I needed to create a virtual "Word processor", I pretty much fixed it except that I can't visualize "pages" in a wysiwyg editor. I was wondering if anything like a paged wysiwyg editor is possible or available with pure js, html and css?
    Thanking you for your time and patience.

Thanks

The editor I've used: FCKeditor. That one has a large forum you might search. Also check out YUI which has new editor, and TinyMCE think it is also a popular editor. Have never seen "pages" like what you are seeking, sorry. My 2cents worth.

Thanks

Well, as mentioned earlier, I already have a wysiwyg editor. I need the "paging" functionality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shachi View Post
    Well, as mentioned earlier, I already have a wysiwyg editor. I need the "paging" functionality.
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find this kind of functionality. I've certainly never seem anything like it and I've used most of the popular WYSIWYG editors out there.

It just doesn't seem like a very typical and/or useful thing for the masses that the developers of these applications would spend time developing it.

You could try to do pagination the way that WordPress does it.

They have a tag that inserts <!--page--> into the text when a new page should appear.

This is then read by PHP scripts to determine where and what text to render. I've used this technique before on some projects. If you're interested, I'd can most more on the technique. But, it might not be what you're going for.