Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN Virus ARGGGG

Thanks

Default MSN Virus ARGGGG

How do I get rid of those viruses that say things like "Hey, check out my pictures from my vacation! I look funny, I know! lol"

Then there is a zipped file that you can open...

Please help thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure if there is a way to get rid of them without changing your settings as to your availability, who you will accept incoming messages from, that sort of thing, though there may be. My initial reaction is, two possibilities:

1. Get rid of MSN.
    2. Restrict incoming traffic to known contacts.

But above all, don't open files from untrusted sources, no matter where they come from. Also, having a good resident antivirus program and a good resident anti-spyware program can often (not always) halt malicious processes before they infect your machine and/or cause much damage to it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish and you're allergic to fish, don't eat it.

Getting rid of MSN isn't necessarily the answer-- the better one is having common sense and knowing how to use even a flawed program.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Go get an AntiVirus Scanner, and scan your computer.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

lol Ok thanks. I was wondering how I could make one?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by afe View Post
    lol Ok thanks. I was wondering how I could make one?
    Make what, a MSN virus you're trying to rid yourself of? Do you really think that's an appropriate question here on the forums?

Thanks

1. Put on a special hat to get into character.
    2. Delete files randomly and change a few settings too.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Make a virus scanner?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

You'd be better off buying one.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!