Thread: Switch content expansion issue with CSS height on IE6

Thanks

Question Switch content expansion issue with CSS height on IE6

1) Script Title: Switch Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tchcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, thank you for your help. I am currently having an issue with switch content expansion on IE6. I made a page that stretches the height to 100% and I had a footer that was positioned at the bottom. Whenever I expanded a switch that was near the bottom, the footer was not pushed down. Instead, the expanded content would go behind the footer and left the footer in mid-page.

I will post a link so you can see the issue I was describing. I will leave the CSS is in the header so you can see how I stretch the height and position the footer. Thank you very much

Http://members.shaw.ca/burnburn/test/sample.html

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

IE6 has so many quirks and possible hacks it's hard to know which one this corresponds to. But from playing around, it seems by removing the "bottom" property from #footer, that does the trick in IE6:

Code:
    div#footer {
    	position:absolute;
    	width:100%;
    	height:60px;
    	bottom:0; /* stick to bottom */
    	background:gray;
    }

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

Burner (02-23-2008)

Thanks

Hi ddadmin, thanks for your help. That is an interesting discovery, but that means the bottom will not be positioned at the bottom in IE6. I totally agree that IE6 is a quirky browser, but according to w3c, there are still 32% of people using it. (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp). It is unfortunate.

Do you know any easy hack or workaround that works on IE6, so the bottom can be positioned at the bottom without using the "bottom:0;" property? Thanks~