Thread: Chrome menu and web page load

Thanks

Default Chrome menu and web page load

1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.01)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...rome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

About two weeks ago I incorporated the chrome nav bar into my website; however, since doing so, the page load is slower for the few pages with flash on them. I’m wondering if you can tell me if I have done something wrong, or if there is a way to speed up the page load. A link to a sample page follows.

http://www.theschoolmaster.org/music_clips.html

Thank you for your time. And let me say, I really appreciate Dynamic Drive. I had purchased a menu bar maker prior to learning about this site, but the menu maker is javascript based and when placed on the web page, the nav bar had what the maker termed a “jumping effect” or “hanging effect” and they couldn't correct it. It looked sloppy when loading in the page. Unfortunately, you couldn’t test it on your web page before purchasing, so I learned a lesson.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't see how the Chrome Menu when added can slow down loading of your Flash in any way. The only implementation problem I see is this line:

Code:
    <li><a href="#" onmouseover="cssdropdown.dropit(this,event,'dropmenu1')">Schoolmaster</a></li>
    It should simply be:

Code:
    <li><a href="#" rel="dropmenu1">Schoolmaster</a></li>
    This doesn't relate to your original question though.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your time and response.