Thread: Advanced Gallery script

Thanks

Default Advanced Gallery script

Hello Everyone!

I have been experiencing a problem with Advanced Gallery script ( http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/agallery.htm)

I tried to use this script and it worked well with IE. As soon as I tried to run it in Mozilla or FireFox, everything got messy.
    What happened was that, I added a few more <div>'s to the content to show more stuff and as soon as I ran it, all the content started appearing in different places all over the screen. It is like, each <div> appears on the exact same spot on the screen as though the script is running on a rich-text editor. You can view this on:

http://www.arnit.net/services/services_specials.htm

Please help me fix this problem or if anybody knows a similar script, please tell me.

Thank you very much

Alireza

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is strange. I set up the script according to the instructions on the demo page with no modifications. Worked fine in IE but, I had the same problem you had with one of the divisions causing a big gap to occur in FF. I looked through the code and tried a few things. This worked - I put one other division around the divisions that have the class of 'gallerycontent' and set its overflow to hidden, like this (code added to the demo is in red):

Code:
    <div style="overflow:hidden">
    <div class="gallerycontent" subject="What is JavaScript?">
    JavaScript is a scripting language originally developed by Netscape to add interactivity and power to web documents. It is purely client side, and runs completely on the client's browser and computer.
    </div>

<div class="gallerycontent" subject="Java & JavaScript Differences">
    Java is completely different from JavaScript- it's more powerful, more complex, and unfortunately, a lot harder to master. It belongs in the same league as C, C++, and other more complex languages.
    </div>

<div class="gallerycontent" subject="What is DHTML?">
    DHTML is the embodiment of a combination of technologies- JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. Through them a new level of interactivity is possible for the end user experience.
    </div></div>
    I even doubled the number of 'gallerycontent' divisions and it was still fine. It should work for you too.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 05-22-2005 at 09:56 AM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks! It worked and everything is fine now!
    Thanks again!

Thanks

Default One FireFox glitch solved..

Thanks jscheuer1, that's one problem solved. Any hints on making the content display in the size I've specified?

.gallerycontroller{
    width: 660px;
    height: 200px;
    font: family: Trebuchet MS

.gallerycontent{
    width: 660px;
    height: 260px;
    border: 1px solid black;
    background-color: 000000;
    padding: 8px;
    display: block;

(external code omitted)

The controller content is being displayed in FireFox 1.0.7 in an area aprox 150px x 70px.