Thread: Help with Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

Thanks

Default Help with Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (vs. 1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have placed this slideshow on my webpage successfully, and the images rotate just fine, but the problem I am experiencing is that something in the code inserts a lot of white space below the div tags where the slideshow is contained. I need to be able to put my navigation tab links underneath of the slideshow images, and a quote underneath of that, on the webpage and I also need to use the slideshow on each page of the site. I don't know where this extra white space is coming from because it is not showing that there should be any extra white space within the code.

Here is a link to the page where the problem is: http://www.nalc.diversitybestpractic...nda/agenda.cfm

The code that goes in this part of the body section of the page where the images reside is:

<div class="centerdiv">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
    new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
    </script>
    </div>

As I said, I don't know where this extra white space comes from that is pushing the quote down the page. If I move the navigation links (in green) below the photos, the same things happens with those. I don't know what to do.

A second question I have is how could I place the code for the Javascript that is presently in the <head> section of the page, into a separate linked .js file? What would be the exact way to do this, for example, would I put in a link like this in my head section instead <link rel="javascript" href="js/fadeinslideshow.js"> ?
    Or is there some other syntax for linking the file, (which is contained in a folder called js, and named as you see it above).

I hope someone can look at the code on this page, and help me figure out where the extra white space is coming from. Thank you!

Webmaster, Diversity Best Practices site
    Last edited by webmaster_dbp08; 01-22-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: to add an additional related question