Thread: How customizable are the multi-level menu scripts?

Thanks

Default How customizable are the multi-level menu scripts?

This doesn't refer to a specific script, just these types of scripts in general.

I was looking at the multi-level navigation menu scripts, and they all look great, but I had a question. I have made a website with my own navigational bar (with simple rollovers) running across the top (following a <p> and at the beginning of a <table>). I like the way the site has turned out, and I feel like it will change its look significantly if I change the look/location of the nav. bar.

However, I'd like to make the items in the bar also show multiple sub-levels when rolled over. Would I be able to customize one of these scripts to my existing site? If so, which one do you think would be best to use?

I appreciate any help; Dynamic Drive is great.

Todd

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Having not used any of these menus but, having successfully helped quite a number of folks configure them, I think the most configurable is:

Jim's DHTML Menu V5.7

You really shouldn't take may word for it. You would be much better served going over at least the descriptions of each on their individual pages to see if any seem to serve your purposes best. Make a list of requirements first. Like, do your rollovers need to be images? How many levels deep do you need to go? Absolute, relative or page flow positioning?

I guess you know they are all listed here:

Multiple Level Menus

The HV Menu is also pretty customizable along the lines you suggest.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate