Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DHTML Window widget (v1.1)

Thanks

Default DHTML Window widget (v1.1)

DHTML Window widget (v1.1)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/

Hi
    is it possible to make the scrolling and the resize be hidden on the iframe window, as it does on the div window.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

To disable the scrollbars that show up within the IFRAME window, you would need to edit the <IFRAME> tag generated by the script directly for this. Inside the .js file:

Code:
    t.contentarea.innerHTML='<iframe src="" style="margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; height: 100%" scrolling="no" name="_iframe-'+t.id+'"></iframe>'
    The part in red is new, and would accomplish that.

To disable resizing of the DHTML window, you would simply do this by setting resize=0 when calling dhtmlwindow.open():

Code:
    var googlewin=dhtmlwindow.open("googlebox", "iframe", "http://google.com", "Google Web site", "width=700px,height=450px,resize=0,scrolling=1,center=1", "recal")

Thanks

hi
    thanks for that but what i would idealy like is for there to be the scrowling and the resize on the frame when it first opens, then when the user clicks a link bellow it takes them to another page (preferably) and the frame does not have the scrowling or resize but is still positioned in the same place, can i do this with this? and how?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's possible as well. Firstly, reverse the changes I had mentioned above then. Then, inside the first page opened by the DHTML window, add the function disablescroll() that should get called when a link is clicked on within that page that goes to another. For example, here is the full contents of what the 1st page may look like:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function disablescroll(){
    parent.googlewin.getElementsByTagName('iframe')[0].scrolling='no'
    parent.googlewin.isResize(false)
    }
    </script>

<a href="test2.htm" onClick="disablescroll()">Go to another page</a>

<div style="height: 800px"></div>
    When the user clicks the link to go to "test2.htm", the DHTML window will have its scrolling/resize disabled.

Important: "googlewin" should match the variable you assigned when calling dhtmlwindow.open() on your main page, for example:

Code:
    var googlewin=dhtmlwindow.open("googlebox", "iframe", "test.htm", "#1: Google Web site", "width=590px,height=350px,resize=1,scrolling=1,center=1", "recal")

Thanks

when i click the link it goes says no file exists, i have another idea but i don't know if it is possible so when the user has positioned the frame and resized it they click a link bellow and the positioning and the size are then saved in a users account and so that they can be opened again. Is this possible? and how would i do this? i think it would involve mysql is there another way?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, the link inside test.htm points to test2.htm, so make sure both pages are defined:

Code:
    <a href="test2.htm" onClick="disablescroll()">Go to another page</a>

Thanks

hi
    thanks for your help that now works, also is my other suggestion about saving it above possible? and how?

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ojsimon View Post
    hi
    i have another idea but i don't know if it is possible so when the user has positioned the frame and resized it they click a link bellow and the positioning and the size are then saved in a users account and so that they can be opened again. Is this possible? and how would i do this? i think it would involve mysql is there another way?
    Thanks
    In general there are two ways to do this, either by using JavaScript cookies, or saving the info on the server end, whether inside a text file or database. If you're talking about an existing database that stores your users account info, then it requires extending those scripts to store this additional info. Either way though, it's highly dependent on how things are set up on your site, and there's no plug and play solution I can offer.

Thanks

Thanks for that, also how would i output the settings and position if possible as a string.

Thanks

Thanks

Please can someone help me output the settings as a string so that they can be saved

Thanks