Advanced Search

Thread: Image Thumbnail Viewer

Thanks

Default Image Thumbnail Viewer

1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: I have followed the very simple steps, but for some reason, the images are still opening into a full page, rather than the script.

Please help.

My page is here: http://indigophoenix.co.uk/gallery.html

Thanks
    Thanked 3,129 Times in 3,095 Posts
    Blog Entries

Works here. I did notice that your thumbnail image files are large in byte size - like about 26K each, they should only each be around 3K or less each. This delays page loading. Until the page is loaded, the links will act as normal links.

Optimize your thumbnails. Other images on the page should also be optimized, as should all web images, to conserve on bandwidth, loading time, and disk space.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

For some unknown reason, it still won't work.

When i click it, it sends the page to a blank one, showing the image, not as the 'popup' type function

Thanks
    Thanked 3,129 Times in 3,095 Posts
    Blog Entries

Either you are not doing as I suggested - wait for the page to load before clicking on any thumbnails, or it is an issue with your browser. What browser are you using? Are you having the same trouble when viewing the Dynamic Drive demo page in your browser?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I must appologise, as all is working fine now.

I refreshed my browser, possilby that had something to do with it.

Thanks for your help jscheuer1

Thanks

hey there, im having the exact same problem, i have made one website already and it worked fine first time, and still works, but i have followed the exact same instructions for the second one and its doing the whole 'open in another page' trick.

im wondering, is there a limit as to how many images can use that script on the one page? i have 24 photos. my site isnt online yet so i cant link to it for an example.
    and i dont think you really want to see an entire html doc posted on the forum.

i have gone through an optimised all my images too. is there anything else you could think of?

The script is AWESOME though, and looks amazing on my other site, i am so stoked!!!

Thanks
    Alysa

Thanks

oh no!! now the script keeps throwing gobble de gook onto my site, in chinese i think. if i take out the script header it goes away, but when i put it back in the bizarre characters come back again.

does the !Doctype have to be anything in particular for these types of scripts in order for it to work. my other site doesnt have one, but i didnt do it in dreamweaver as much.

<汩湫⁲敬㴢獴祬敳桥整∠桲敦㴢瑨畭扮慩汶楥睥爮捳猢⁴祰攽≴數琯捳猢 㸍഼獣物灴⁳牣㴢瑨畭扮慩汶楥睥爮橳∠瑹灥㴢瑥硴⽪慶慳捲楰琢㸍 യ⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨍⨠䥭慧攠周畭扮慩氠噩敷敲⁓捲楰琭₩⁄祮慭楣⁄物癥
睷眮摹湡浩捤物癥⹣潭⤍⨠周楳潴楣攠浵獴⁳瑡礠楮瑡捴⁦潲敧慬⁵獥⸍⨠噩獩琠桴瑰㨯⽷睷⹤祮慭楣摲楶攮捯洯⁦潲⁦畬氠獯畲捥⁣潤攍⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨯഍㰯獣物灴㸊 ??? thats what keeps coming up... hehe.. oh dear.

Thanks

Smile

okay, dont worry bout it now. i just re did the whole site and it seems to be working fine. it may have been a problem with the sizing of my tables, dreamweaver is being a nob and having little senior moments.

thanks anyway!!

looks great now!

A
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 01-18-2008 at 03:38 AM. Reason: remove link