Thread: Flash Video displays over the Image Thumbnail Viewer

Thanks

Default Flash Video displays over the Image Thumbnail Viewer

1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: I love this viewer, by the way and am incorporating it into the site I'm building.

I ran into a problem, however. On one of the pages where I'm putting in the thumbnail viewer, there also is a Flash video (set to autoplay) and the Flash video displays on top of the Image Thumbnail popup - even if it's not playing.

Is there a way to force the Image Thumbnail to the top (by that I mean the webpage is at the bottom with the Flash in the middle and the Thumbnail on top).

This is a very elegant alternative to the _blank link native to Dreamweaver.

Thanks...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

well, by "on top" do you mean it is covering a portion of the thumbnail script because of flyouts or expanding? Or that it is not in the right spot on the page at all?

If the former, usually you can overcome this by setting wmode to transparent in the Flash embedding.

If the later, you probably have a misconfiguration of div's or cell's on the page, in which case we would need a link to see how you have it set up to help you.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

It's covering a portion of the thumbnail script but I'm not sure of what a "flyout" is. Here's the link... http://www.picturethatservices.com/kenlyn/handling.html

Also, if you're familiar with this thumbnail script, I'm getting a broken link message for the following code .... '+link.getAttribute(......... in the "thumbnailviewer.js" code and I can't see what the error is, although I don't know javascript very well.

Thank you for looking. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Follow the detailed information at:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_14201

Or, if this short version (good in most cases) fixes it, so much the better! Add in this language to your object/embed tag:

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

Or, if you are using two object tags, as can and is sometimes done, add the param tag to both of them.

If you are using script to generate the tags (as is frequently done to avoid the 'click to activate' feature in some browsers), the wmode transparent must be passed to the script. This is easily accomplished but, varies depending upon the sort of script one uses. Some scripts do it automatically.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you. It's easy to do and works.

However, it makes the video really jerky. I tried moving the param around in different spots (beginning, end, middle of the other params) and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Is that supposed to happen?

Thank you....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, it usually makes no difference to a video. It doesn't matter where you put it in the order of parameters and attributes. Your video may be dependant upon its background color though in order to appear smooth. If so, you can style the object and the embed tag to have that color background. But it really doesn't look like that is the issue here - it might be though. It also could be either a one time fluke (will correct itself next time you view the page) or a fluke of the particular Flash object you are using (the Flash object would need to be rewritten and recompiled or another Flash method of viewing the video found).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Broken Link

I'm still getting a broken link on every page that uses the thumbnail viewer because Dreamweaver tells me there is a broken link in the thumbnailviewer.js for the following JS command

'+link.getAttribute(

When the page loads, the message at the bottom of the pages using the thumbnail viewer says "Error on Page" instead of "Done".

I really like the viewer but would like to know how to fix this please.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Don't use Dreamweaver to diagnose scripts, it isn't capable of it. The error on the live page (handling.html) isn't from the thumbnail viewer. Get rid of this (red):

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head>
    <title>Kenlyn Kennels</title>
    <link href="style2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script src="boarding.html" type="text/javascript">

function MM_CheckFlashVersion(reqVerStr,msg){
      with(navigator){
        var isIE  = (appVersio
    - John