Advanced Search

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Quartz Server Installation

Thanks

Question Blue Quartz Server Installation

I think I have dug a hole too deep to get out of...

O.K. Here's the run down:
    1. Bought Server
    2. Gave it to myself for Christmas
    3. Downloaded this to a disk: http://www.nuonce.net/bq-cd.php
    4. Put in in the server.
    5. Did ALL the iP stuff\ config.
    6. The website just says to "Open the GUI interface" all I am getting is a shell command thingie (I am not a command line person )
    7. Re-installed again, same problem...
    8. HELP!

What I am trying to say is that there is any command line I can do to get to this GUI??
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The website won't load. I suggest just installing Fedora or something. As for the GUI, most servers don't run GUIs in order to avoid the extra overhead, which isn't really necessary on a server.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

IDK, It loads on my end, And Blue Quartz is a GUI, thats why I installed it, Im just stuck at a MS-DOS-like screen where the last line is:
    [root@localhost] ~]# _ And I'm stuck from there. I don't know all these commands. Have you ever installed Red Hat Linux? That's what it's based on. I am completely lost. completly. completly.
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It doesn't look like BlueQuartz is very well supported, and there's not much documentation. Perhaps it has a web or VNC interface.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I think you can install centOS and follow the instructions to install Webmin.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

I think you can install centOS and follow the instructions to install Webmin.
    Not shure what you mean.

But, I looked online about installing it... After you install it on your computer, you need to "Access your server via a web browser to complete the insallation..."
    One Problem, the server is technally not online, when the installation wizard asked "IP Address: _", I gave it a local network address because it's not ready to go online. I did not buy another IP yet, would it be possable to assign it the one that my other computers are using... woudn't that be unsafe? I still have to default username and password, how do I change it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One Problem, the server is technally not online, when the installation wizard asked "IP Address: _", I gave it a local network address because it's not ready to go online.
    Where's the problem? Access it by that address.

Thanks

I tryed entering in the address in Internet Explorer:
    Code:
    HTTP 404: Page cannot be found
    It was not a server message, it was an IE message.
    I am using a cable from another computer untill I get things stragitend out, so, just a guess, I typed in the local address of the computer I was stealling a cable, monitor, and mouse from(I had an extra keyboard) , no luck...
    Anyways, I have a router that it is hooked up to, To you have to "Add" another computer, or assaign the server a local ip address?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Does your router have DHCP server support?

Thanks

One second, gotta find that router box....

Yes, this is what's on the box:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Router Box
    Routing protocalls:
    Static & Dynamic Routing with TCP/IP VPN pass-though(IPSec), L2TP,NAT,PPPoE,DHCP (client & server)
    etc...