Thread: HV Menu 5.5 Failing Under Firefox [Online]

Thanks

Default HV Menu 5.5 Failing Under Firefox [Online]

1) Script Title:
    HV Menu 5.5 (latest revision)
    2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm
    3) Describe problem:
    Script works fine in both Firefox and IE in test mode on my hard drive. When I upload it to the website, nothing appears at all. I've checked the options in Firefox to allow javascript but that makes no difference. All files and folders were uploaded correctly. So ...does anyone know why this script should fail? Thanks.
    Last edited by Ellis; 12-28-2007 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Uploaded menu doesn't appear on either browser

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do you have a link for your site?

Arie Molendijk

Thanks

Yes, it's www.hawkwoodbooks.co.uk. I've checked the error console and cleared a few declaration warnings but there's one "uncaught exceptionermission denied to get HTML document.body"

Thanks

I'm thinking this might be something to do with the HTML doctype. I use transitional but perhaps I should change this to "strict". I'm going to do this now and see what happens....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking that it has to do with access across more than one domain to objects on pages is disallowed in most modern browsers. I couldn't get the menu to show up on that page in any browser. What browser and version does it work in? On what platform (OS - Mac, PC, other)?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I use FF2 but the menu works fine with IE in test mode locally but when uploaded it doesn't show on either. I tried the "strict" addition but it made no difference. Is this problem beatable do you think or should I look for another menu system? If it's the latter could you recommend one?
    Thanks
    Ellis
    Last edited by Ellis; 12-28-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Menu does NOT appear with IE

Thanks

Thanks for the message outside of the forum. I don't use frames and didn't manage to solve the problem so decided to find another menu/navigation system which works fine. I'll leave it there now.
    All the best.