Thread: animatied collapse

Thanks

Default animatied collapse

1) Script Title:
    NS6+ IE5+ Opera 7+
    Animated Collapsible DIV

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: ActiveX

I am using this script for Collapse the DIV, but the think that i dont like is ActiveX. On IE users must always enable before beenig able to use.

My question is: is it possable to disable that on the script, with some kind of code?

alix

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're not getting that on the Dynamic Drive demo page for this script, right? What you are experiencing is a local phenomenon and will not happen once your page is live. More Info:

Unless a user's security is abnormally tight, that only happens locally, as a security measure. As far as IE is concerned, javascript is ActiveX. Click on the bar and click on allow and click on yes. Once your page is live, this will not happen. You can also give your page 'the mark of the web'. That way (in most cases) it will not display the security bar locally either. Put this right after your <html> tag like so:

Code:
    <html>
    <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
    <!-- this and above comment should be removed for live, non-demo use -->
    <head>
    But, navigating away from the page to another local page, or including another local page on it via a frame or an iframe can be problematical if said page does not also have 'the mark of the web' on it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

But, the security message that appers for a reason, and the reason in this case is probarly wrong coding or becouse ActiveX ellement is been used and it is not save.

So the question is, is ActiveX ellements save to use?

Thanks for that solution of disabling the activating of ActiveX message: <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --> That is what i was looking for.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The topic of Active X is complicated. Any javascript, whether or not it installs and/or uses Active X controls, will raise that warning locally in IE 6 service pack 2 and all later versions to date, up to and including IE 7 Vista.

This particular script that we are discussing uses no Active X. But still raises that warning locally. If it actually used Active X controls, there would be even more warnings, including ones even when the script is used live.

And much of the Active X out there on the web is safe, much is not. Your browser should be set to refuse or at least to prompt you before accepting actual Active X controls and applications from the web. Better still, you really shouldn't use IE as your primary browser because of these and other potential threats. IE is the primary target of the majority of folks who try to mess up individual PC systems like the home and office computers most folks use.

All scripts in the Dynamic Drive library are safe to use even with IE. The danger lies in IE when used on unsafe content, usually but not limited to, nor necessarily always with ****ographic content and pirated software, pirated images, or pirated multimedia content.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Just one more question , i hoop you can help me . I am having a problem at this part of script , where in HTML where "dog" div is used it need this javascript to be able to use animatted
    <div id="dog" style="width: 300px; height: 110px;">
    Content inside DIV...
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("dog", 150, false, "block")
    </script>

The problem is that this script uses a function animatedcollapse, but it couses a empty space HTML.

Any one knows how to fix this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That probably is due to the style or to the markup that follows that and/or that markup's style. However, in some browsers, when using certain types of markup and/or styles, you must remove line breaks in the HTML source code:

Code:
    </div><script type="text/javascript">
    var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("dog", 150, false, "block")
    </script>also perhaps here with what follows
    If you need more help on this:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Thanks

Ok, the problem was in myn HTML file. It works now. One think i c that now, that this code is not working on IE7 . It disables the javascript. But on IE6 it works. Is there another that kind of code for IE7.

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's weird, I never noticed that before. You see, I only use IE 6 & 7 to test how things work and look in them. So, I don't bother with that 'mark of the web' business anymore, haven't for some time. Once you get a window, in the case of IE 6 or a tab, in the case of IE 7, accepting local javascript by clicking on the bar and clicking yes, it will happily load other local pages with javascript into that window or tab. Using the 'mark of the web' just confuses things really.

Further, it isn't all that important because, once your page is live, it won't happen at all.
    - John