Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Plans

Thanks

Default Holiday Plans

Anyone doing anything exciting for the holidays?

I am taking my mother to a college bowl game for her birthday, but thats about all that we've planned in my family.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and see you all after the New Year

Thanks

Im working this holiday season. Woo hoo
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

I'm going to sit. And feel the broke-ness.

Thanks

Sleeping, recovering from this quarter at school. And now, I'm trying to catch up/get ahead on the languages I'm studying.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Is there a reason you study so many languages? For fun? I'm not talented enough to learn one, tried Spanish and failed miserably...

Thanks

sleep in.
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

Thanks

Fun! Yes. And to make myself go insane.

Nah, it's great. I really like learning about languages. And speaking in another language is great, too. I am still very much learning. I'm not fluent in any yet. I can hold a passable conversation sometimes in Spanish. Italian is catching up, and the rest are a bit behind.

I'm going to major in linguistics.

I give you full permission to just say I'm crazy, and explain it that way.

No one else I know is taking so many at once. But I like it.

And it's a huge challenge, which is good (but tiring).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Crazy. Lol, nah thats cool. I'm just not as focused on one thing.

Thanks

Hey Daniel,

i'm from Belgium. In the 3rd grade of highschool (at age 14), you have to start to make careerchoices and go a certain direction. One of the options is "Economics-Modern Languages". If you choose that, then you start off with 4 languages in the 3rd and 4th grade (Dutch, French, English and German) and in the 5th and 6th grade they add a fifth language to it, Spanish.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unfortunatley I do NOT have to work for the holidays. My company pays for the holidays if we work them or not. Every year I volunteer to work them so others can have the time off with their families. To my bosses it looks like I am taking one for the team, however, the 120+ hour paychecks are my motivation. Not see it works like this, I don't work 120 hours, but I get my 8 hours worked, plus the 8 hours of holiday pay, for 16 hours a day, basically double time, yeah?

This year I have all six paid days off. On top of that, my normal work days are the holidays (mondays and tuesdays) so I don't even get extra hours, a straight 80 hours. I am very upset with my boss and let her know about it. It is nice to bring home a 120 hour pay check, but not this year, I get screwed. We don't get bonuses, my company won't allow that because we get a yearly raise (2% woo hoo....) So now I have to go without the extra $$ I have been banking on over the last 5 years.

Other than not working I am not doing much, staying home and catching up on some of my projects.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result