Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Websites that have copy/paste and print screen disabled.

Thanks

Default Websites that have copy/paste and print screen disabled.

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there is a way to copy and paste from websites that have the function disabled? Actually I know there is a way as I've seen people do it plently of times before at school haha. I read on another forum a user claiming to be able to get around the problem in 20 seconds??

I've disabled JavaScript on FF and can now hightlight and right click on the webpage, but whenever I go to paste into Word all that appears is "*".
    Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

BY disabling JavaScript, that should do the trick, unless the page also uses CSS to shift contents on the page around, so what you think you're copying in fact isn't.

Try disabling CSS as well using any one of Firefox's plugins that do this, for example: http://www.everythingtech.tv/2006/05...e-myspace-css/

Thanks

Hmmm, well now I can copy and paste some of the text, but all of the images are missing!!

Thanks

I have seen a few sites that disabled right-click, and even going to the screen menubar (source) nothing comes up. How is that done in IE ?

Thanks

Tools->Internet Options->Security Tab bar->Custom Level->Disable Active scripting (at the end of the list)

Thanks

Tools->Internet Options->Security Tab bar->Custom Level->Disable Active scripting (at the end of the list)
    If I do this on my computer, how will this stop you from seeing the source ?

Thanks

It won't stop anyone from seeing the source. It will stop Javascript from working, though.

You can just to a print screen to get any image.

However, the real point here is that the images and other content are copyrighted. It's not ok to copy it, whether you can or can't, unless you have permission. It's not hard to steal content, because no restrictions work very well, but that doesn't mean that it's legal, or ok to.

This forum isn't about how to steal stuff, though, so please keep that in mind.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chechu View Post
    and even going to the screen menubar (source) nothing comes up. How is that done in IE ?
    It's not. If you view a source code and it is all blank... scroll down as I promise they have a ton of blank space atop their source.

To answer the OP question, if you see something you need to C&P all you have to do is view source code, and copy it from there.

If it is on the page it is in the source. (with rare exceptions)
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

The only exception is when it's added through Javascript/frames/etc, and then it's just a matter of following the layers.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Hey Blizzard, long time no see !

It's not. If you view a source code and it is all blank... scroll down as I promise they have a ton of blank space atop their source.
    Yes, I see that trick quit often, but I swear I have seen sites where it is impossible to see the code. Something is disabled

However, the real point here is that the images and other content are copyrighted. It's not ok to copy it, whether you can or can't, unless you have permission. It's not hard to steal content, because no restrictions work very well, but that doesn't mean that it's legal, or ok to.
    Totally agree, but the only way I learn to write sites is through looking at codes and going through this forum ...