Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer being sued

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    Name one for IE I
    Already installed, easy to use, has great adaptation for poorly designed websites. Easy on the eyes and a fair amount of features. To a programmer or web designer IE is the pits, but to a grandmother who didn't know what a computer was last week to check her hotmail account for pics of the grandkids, it is great.

disagree -- most of the features in Fx exist in Opera, Safari and Konq.
    Sure they did, do, will. Based off the same premise, Netscape was the bomb when the internet opened up. Of course that's all there was...

One good idea improved upon makes a better idea. Start with a good base (Opera, Safari, Konq) improve it, make it better and give it away as easy and efficiently as you can and you have a great idea (firefox).
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Posts in Dutch?

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Are you sure? Anyways, why not write your entire post in Dutch then?
    Omdat heel weinig mensen mijn berichten zouden kunnen lezen als ze in het Nederlands gesteld zouden zijn.
    John, graag een reactie op dit bericht als ik het hier mis heb.

Arie M.

By the wayS, JohnS, I thinkS that 'anywayS' is colloquial. Should be 'anyway'.
    Last edited by molendijk; 12-16-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Anyways

Thanks

molendijk is right I think (in the testosterone based post ofcourse, because I did not understand one word of the above post )

But I, as a user who do not want to keep programs which do the same thing on his computer, want my right to uninstall IE. I, as a web developer, also want IE to respect the standards not to make me add some unnecessary codes to my pages to make them work correctly in both IE&others.

BUT, I think Opera is not that innocent about this suing thing

Thanks

Default why?

I have a question, if MS is getting sued for putting IE on there OS,

Then Why isnt Macintosh or Apple getting sued for putting there browser on there machines..?

Macs are staring to get popular, and for Opera to press charges or whatever, its going to have a effect on all OS products which will be bad for the market,

This is just stupid and this claim will be declined i am sure of it..

I use IE cuase of its graphics and CSS but I only use opera and FF for regular stuff like email,
    also FF does not mean FireFox anymore I think they changed the name cuase FF means Final Fantasy ...

Omdat heel weinig mensen mijn berichten zouden kunnen lezen als ze in het Nederlands gesteld zouden zijn.
    John, graag een reactie op dit bericht als ik het hier mis heb.
    It means::
    Because very few people read could my bulletins if them be put in Dutch. John, gladly reported if I miss it here have a response to this.
    ::
    Hey new design new look, goto xudas for personal webdsign help.. (:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Then Why isnt Macintosh or Apple getting sued for putting there browser on there machines..?
    Probably simply because Macs aren't popular enough. No-one's losing any serious revenue from them. Also, I think Safari is open-source.
    also FF does not mean FireFox anymore
    It's always been officially abbreviated "Fx." People still use "FF" though.
    I think they changed the name cuase FF means Final Fantasy ...
    Unlikely.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Code:
    I use IE cuase of its graphics and CSS
    IE has s***ty (uberly fragmented and buggy) css support. It also has issues with png to say the least. (Probably other file types like tif as well.)
    Trinithis

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

IE 7 is actually pretty darn good with css, and very good with png. It even has a little trouble with IE proprietary filters, the sign of a 'good' browser in the opinion of many folks around here. My main problem with IE though is that it is a target. I'd rather surf with something that doesn't have a big red bullseye painted on it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Damn Right.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Oh, I didn't realize that IE7 somewhat fixed its act with CSS and all. I have IE6, and there's no stuff like
    Code:
    div > span {display:table;}
    Still, it needs to clean up its JavaScript (ahem . . . JScript) support for me to even consider it a decent browser.

But I'm probably not likely to upgrade soon because I still want to be able to test for v6.
    Trinithis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    IE 7 is actually pretty darn good with css, and very good with png. It even has a little trouble with IE proprietary filters, the sign of a 'good' browser in the opinion of many folks around here. My main problem with IE though is that it is a target. I'd rather surf with something that doesn't have a big red bullseye painted on it.
    YES i do agree, it has change alot from the other versions, and I have never had problems with the css.

I hate it is when I have to see when css works in both browsers and the coding. if opera and "Fx" want to become more popular, they should add as much features as IE has, this is why i dont use opera or fx
    Hey new design new look, goto xudas for personal webdsign help.. (: