Thread: Tab Content Script (v 2.0)

Thanks

Default Tab Content Script (v 2.0)

Hello,

I just recently got the Tab Content Script (v 2.0) which works great. I was thinking about using it to display a snippet of a training video. I have tried it and it displays the video just fine.. The problem I have is when when I move to another tab the video keeps playing.

If I have a short clip at tab 1 and I move to tab 2 both video clips are playing at the same time.

I currently have clips on a web page but they shut off when I move to another page.

Is there a way to shut off the video automatically? I haven't changed the tab script at all.. Just added the following for the content..

HTML Code:
    <EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="http://www.My-Domain.com/video/mod-2.wmv"
    NAME="MediaPlayer"
    WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="1"> </EMBED>

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post, in this case: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm . See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

The issue is since the script doesn't actually wipe out the hidden tabs' contents, just hide it while showing the selected one. In the case of a movie file, hiding it doesn't cause it to stop playing.

There's most likely some JavaScript method you can use to stop the playing of a movie file added via the EMBED element (try doing a search on Google). A more generic way though is to put the movie in an external HTML page, and use Ajax Tabs Content script instead to retrieve and display it. This way, as you switch between tabs, a different page is loaded into the content area altogether, taking care of the issue of lingering movie files playing.