Thread: Some one help me pretty please

Thanks

Default Some one help me pretty please

HELLO THERE PEOPLE

I'VE WENT TO OTHER WEB FORUMS, AND RECIEVED NO RESPONSES FROM ANYONE. SO I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT WITH MY WEBPAGE. I CAN'T GET IT TO COMPLETELY SHOW UP ON INTERNET EXPLORER, BUT WILL EASILY COME UP ON FIREFOX.

SO MY QUESTION: WHAT WOULD CAUSE MY WEBSITE ON INTERNET EXPLORER TO HAVE A "OPERATION ABORTED" INTERNET EXPLORER POP UP WARNING.

I'M THINKING IT COULD BE THE DIFFERENT JAVASCRIPTS ON MY WEBSITE, BUT THEY'RE ALL IN IFRAMES SO THEY WON'T FIGHT OVER THE WEB PAGE.
    I HAVE: JAVASCRIPT, JAVASCRIPT 1.2 , and TEXT/JAVASCRIPT (WHICH 3 ARE FROM THE DYNAMIC DRIVE SITE: TIMER, FADE IN IMAGE SLIDE SHOW, AND CONVEYOR BELT). IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME IF THIS IS THE CASE, COULD YOU ALSO TELL ME WHAT JAVASCRIPT IS COMPATIBLE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, OR ANY OTHER REASONS TO WHY I AM GETTING THE INTERNET EXPLORER WARNING.

ANYONE CAN GO TO MY SITE SCJVS

BUT YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE BACKSPACE BUTTON A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE IT LOADS IN INTERNET EXPLORER. FOR SOME REASON IT WON'T LOAD WHEN ON INTERNET EXPLORER UNTIL THE PAGE IS RELOADED BY PUSHING THE BACKSPACE BUTTON. OTHER WISE IF YOU HAVE FIREFOX YOU'RE OK. IF ANYONE HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE TO READ ALL THIS, YOU HAVE MY GRATEST OF APPRECIATIONS FOR ANYONE WHO REPLIES TO THIS THREAD. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

SCJVS1
    Last edited by ddadmin; 05-10-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, it would be a matter of removing things one at a time from the page to determine what is causing that. I noticed that simply mousing over the menu items in IE explorer initiates additional content downloading but, not in FF and, that the overall content loading in FF is much less than in IE. From that I would guess that something in the code may be causing IE to 'load ahead' other pages or other pages content and that this may be what is overwhelming IE. I vote for removing this script:

Image Resolution Changer

first and see if that gets it. No real way to tell.

Oh, and please post in the default text, all that formatting well, you got some of it wrong and it makes things hard to follow. Just type and submit, what could be easier than that?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

You also need a doc type declaration.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tailslide
    You also need a doc type declaration.
    For what?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I would also like to know what I would need a doc type declaration.
    I found out what was causing the problem in Internet Explorer to
    cause an operation abort pop up window. It was from my Iframes.
    Would or Could I use a doc type declaration on my Iframes, so that
    the Iframe would show up on Internet Explorer with ease; if its possible?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

In most cases the doctype is a red herring. If you don't have one, you don't need one. Since iframes seem to be an issue, this is just wrong (highlight red):

Code:
    <IFRAME SRC="buttons2.html" TARGET= "    " FRAMEBORDER= "0"  WIDTH= "90%" HEIGHT= "90" SCROLLING= "NO"  NAME="middle"></IFRAME>
    Target is not an attribute of an iframe. This is not the only iframe with a target, here is another:

Code:
    <IFRAME SRC="fr3.html" TARGET="myiframe3" FRAMEBORDER="0" WIDTH= "83%" HEIGHT= "108" SCROLLING= "no"  NAME="up"></IFRAME>
    Target is used in a link tag to target the name of an iframe, frame or other things.

However, the page is loading in IE now.
    - John

Thanks

Wow my page is loading in IE now? thats wierd; really wierd.....
    I thought that it was aborting my webpage because not every
    thing I have on my web page was loading properly, all at the same
    time......I did a trouble shoot and assumed it was the iframes making
    this problem, because after I had taken the iframes off for a while, it
    worked in IE then....I have different versions of javascript all on the same
    page as well. Also mainly just about all of my iframes have javascript within them.
    Because of the different versions of javascript, I used iframes to keep the
    different versions of javascript from fighting to be on the same page. Would
    javascript also cause times or delays also in IE, if they'er in a iframe?

Thanks

Just to give everyone a little news flash, its not the iframes thats giving
    me trouble. Sorry for missleading anyone in the wrong direction.
    For one thing I'm not much good at troubleshooting anything that
    comes to a web site. But my last best guess is my buttons.

The buttons are from dynamic drive, and the purpose for the
    two packs of buttons on my site is to have one pack to open up into
    1 iframe and the other pack to open up into another window. couldn't
    get one pack of buttons to go either way I wanted so I just split one up in
    an iframe and the other pack on the web site itself. I hope this has helped some.
    And if anyone can help me figure out how to use one pack of buttons on a website
    where some can open up in a iframe, and some in a new window. It would be much appreciated since when i downloaded the buttons in a zip file and went to a content page of how to alter the buttons, but went to "how to use frames" no site came up.
    Thanks ever sooooo much for all the help you guys have given me. It hasn't been wasted at all.