Thread: Select broken on 3rd tier Window Widget

Thanks

Default Select broken on 3rd tier Window Widget

1) Script Title: dhtmlwindow.js

2) Script URL (on DD): Window Widget

3) Describe problem:

Using the window popup widget, I created a table inside the popup (for layout purposes only) and in one of the cells, I placed a select box whose options are loaded dynamically by a javascript function upon onClick from the parent window.

But the select component does not work properly - it doesn't scroll when the cursor is clicked in the scroll bar area (though dragging the grab control works, as well as keydown), and only the first page of options, about 15 items out of 50 (US states) are selectable.

So I had do drop using the popup widget. Too bad, it looked like a nice implementation. That being said, it was part of a complicated layout - a third tier. There is a main page, then wizard pages, a 2nd tier, using a modal layer framework, which then pops up the dhtmlwindow.

I even had a hard time getting the popup to work initially because I had a z-index in my main page higher than the default 100 in dhtmlwindow.js. I had it set to 300, which got it to appear, and perhaps that -zindex is causing the select box problem, not sure...

Unfortunately I can't supply a working copy of my pages to the external internet just yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you saying a SELECT menu that's contained inside the contents of a DHTML popup no longer drops down when clicked on? How are you loading this content (ie: "div", "ajax", or "iframe")?