Thread: Advertising

Thanks

Default Advertising

Any suggestions for making money on your website? Who do you use? Do they pay well? Google pays crap.

Thanks

Google AdSense, .

Ah the old days when I use to make 7 pence for 6 months of advertising. Theres no real easy way to do it. Only effective way is to catch the eye of some big companies, i.e. hit them with excessive emails. I managed to get advertising from MySpace based design websites due to my use of MySpace and love of new layouts. Pay is about £30 a month in total from 5 websites. I also get advertising from some big health based companies/organisations who want to promote stuff, e.g. NHS promoting their "Use a condom" campaign, so you could try offering them advertisment. Apart from that, the only decent way is to getin with an organisation such as a supermarket or such like.

Thanks

Google can pay very well, if you have enough traffic. But, yeah, it only pays based on popularity so an unpopular site won't do much for you. But, in the same sense, few advertisers will want to be on an unpopular site.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone who thinks it's worth it-- then you'd get more than google. But google is good as a basic option.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I think mostly it takes a lot more time to develop a profitable site in today's environment, so you have to work extra hard to build solid traffic both online and offline.

Thanks

Yeah Its pennys per 1000 hits. and below 20 clicks.. I'm gonna try contacting business's.

Thanks

I use a very good one: Trade Doubler (Europe based).
    Pays per click and per sale, so I developped a site 'the best advantage' (hetbestevoordeel.be), where all links are running on this affiliate program.
    I do nothing now, just let the site run, and earn about 150 euros a month with only 30 visitors daily.

Thanks