Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile upload script request

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, it certainly seems possible. Direct sms to web (me thinks) is not going to work. However, you could have them sms an email address, then set a cron job to use procmail and php to open inbox, find new messages and post subject/body/content to a php page.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Send an email with a photo attachment (fairly small for a demo) to demo[at]thetestingsite.net. Then, go to http://www.thetestingsite.net/test/ and it should redirect you to the "demo" folder with your attachment uploaded to the server. Let me know what you think and I'll modify it to suit your exact needs.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by thetestingsite; 12-05-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: edited email address
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Wow i am so happy right now. so that site is great. and works awesome. thank you so much. you did what i want. now the one question i have is how you did it and how to have it post it onto a page instead of the directory look. This is a major step for me i can not thank you enough.

Thanks

its nice to have people that help other ppl out there. especially with somebody new like me

Thanks

Well, if you can tell me exactly what you want it to do, I can make the basic scripting for it. If you just want the base script, go to http://thetestingsite.net/test/index.phps and you can see the code that I used. The configuration for the email settings are at the top of the page. As for posting to a page, that would require a little more work. You would need a script to either read the directory and make thumbnail images of the photos uploaded, or add the links in a database then read that. Let me know if you need any more help with this and I'll see what I can do.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks

i actually think i can figure that stuff out. again thank you so much what a great help you have been. Thank you.

Thanks

did you pull this script from somewhere?

Thanks

I used some snippets from one of the websites I posted, but made some heavy modifications to get it to work the way that you were requesting.

Thanks

what id like is to actually be able to have a script that does exactly what you did and then one that generates the file onto the page www.site.com/mobile and have them generate into a 4 colomn table. id be willing to pay. i think it sounds like alot but might not be. i know how to get the thumbs to generate just cant figure out the whole other stuff.

Thanks

That shouldn't be that hard to do, but would take a little time to write the code and whatnot. I could probably work on it this weekend unless I can get the time today or tomorrow to work on it a little at a time. Let me see what I can come up with and I'll get back to you when I am done.

Hope this helps.