Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile upload script request

Thanks

Default Mobile upload script request

Hey everyone. got a question thats maybe not so simple. how can i make my website accept photos that post onto a page that users upload from there cellphone?

example:
    send pics to save@mywebsitealbum.com <this is the address users would send pics to>

view on www.mysite.com/myalbum.php <this is where the photos post to>

i know this is gonna require some database work. is there a tutorial out there anywhere that i can look at on how to do this. im not really even sure how to search this. any help would be great. thank you so much.

Thanks

Just brainstorming here: you would probably have to set up a script to check the email address, then parse the emails to get the picture files. After parsing, save the files both to the server and to the database (just the url location would be fine). PHP could probably do this, but it would be very complex. Just off the top of my head, you may want to check php's IMAP functions to get an idea about the parsing of emails part.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Easy, except for receiving the email. testingsite's info is accurate. trouble now is just figuring out how to get the attachment. IMAP is a good start, though you might need something more powerful.

Sending email with PHP is built in; receiving is much more complex.

Might be better to look into a different language, one integrated with the default mail server.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Just thinking out loud some more here, at work we have a program that takes emails sent to our IT Help Desk address and posts them in an SQL database, then it displays the request in our help desk program. I found out that the program is written in Java and comes with the webserver bundled in.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by thetestingsite; 11-30-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: better verbage
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks

hmmm built in would be great hahaha. any idea what that is they use.

Thanks

Well, the helpdesk is made by AdventNet and the product info is as follows:

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/pr.../service-desk/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

thanks alot. big help to atleast get started. thanks

Thanks

After doing a quick google search, this may help you out even further:

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/53819

Hope this helps.

Thanks

so i found this program called mobilog. does anyone have any experience with this? also i cannot seem to get it to work. does anyone have a working version of this. looks simple to set up .

Thanks

Default Mobile upload scirpt request

I am willing to pay for it
    can somebody creat a script for me that i can just paste into my site to allow the following:

i have email mobile@mysite.com
    i have page mysite.com/barname/mobilegallery

what i want is to have it so a person can send mms to mobile@mysite.com and have it post on the site.

send me email davidjmorin at gmail dot com with price and what you can do

thanks alot