Advanced Search

Thread: Storing information locally w\o cookies.

Thanks

Question Storing information locally w\o cookies.

Hello,
    I know everyone(Twey) is going to tell me to get over my HTML 2 EXE converter and swich to Python or somthing, if so, please tell me how. Ok, now I got that off my chest, no to my problem. I worte a client side HTML Document that contains Javascript (well how else are you supposed to get anything done client-side?) and what it does is that it brings up a page saying somthing like "Enter your webmail site URL" but much more elaborate. Anyways the form action is set to the same page it's on, and the method is get. There are towo feilds in the form, one hidden (name=fs value=true) and one text feild (name=website). fs stands for "finished setup", this tells the script to set the cookies (website, fs). It works fine, in a browser, but once it's in a program: it does not like the setting of cookies, it messes up the program because I think the program engine uses cookies. Besides it triggers other errors on the page that "use" cookies. So is there anyway to store information in javascript for an extended period WITHOUT USING COOKIES?
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even javascript cookies are unreliable. You need a server side language.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate