Thread: Query!!!

Thanks

Question Query!!!

why this code doesn't overlays drop down menu, i mean why overlay() doesn't works here??

Code:
    <h:selectOneMenu 
    			       id="pserviceDomainIdUiText"
    			       value="#{EndpointSearchHandler.dsEventHdlr.pserviceDomainId}"
    			       valueChangeListener="#{EndpointSearchHandler.resetFirstRowIndexOfEndpoints}"
    				 immediate="true" 
    				 onchange="this.form.submit();overlay();">
    				<f:selectItems
    					  value="#{EndpointSearchHandler.dsEventHdlr.serviceDomainFilterList}" />
    			 </h:selectOneMenu>

Thanks

Oh wow, it's a query!!! Oh!!! A query about what? Oh, I don't know, it doesn't show it on the thread title. How do I know if I can help you or not?

Please people, use a more descriptive thread title!
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

The problem here is before invoking the overlay() you are submitting a form as a result the page will be loaded freshly or another page will be loaded based on the action attribute of your form.

The overlay() is not getting the control for the execution in the current situation.

Thanks

@ techsupport
    dat was rude but acceptable....

@ codeexploiter
    any solutions for the problem..??
    Last edited by Twey; 11-23-2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Merging a double post.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

@ techsupport
    dat was rude but acceptable....
    We get more threads with titles like "query," "a question," or "PLZZZ HELP MI IS ERJENT" than you'd believe possible. No really? You have a question? In a help forum? What on Earth will these crazy kids think up next? Another common misconception seems to be that the more Zs you use when mutilating the word "please," the faster you get help. You must allow us our sarcasm, it's how we survive

Also, please don't make two posts instead of one for no apparent reason. Double-posting is considered rude on most forums. Merged.

Your problem is most likely as codeexploiter said. In that case, the obvious solution is to submit your form after calling overlay(). However, since you're using some form of XML-based markup language with which I'm not familiar, I can't be entirely sure. The output would be more helpful, since it looks as if it ought to render down into (X)HTML.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

cud anyone provide a more concrete solution, i am not able to get through with it...

Thanks

Try changing this:
    Code:
    onchange="this.form.submit();overlay();"
    to this:
    Code:
    onchange="overlay();this.form.submit();"
    Like Twey said.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

sorry it is not working...

Thanks

Try removing the this.form.submit()

If that doesn't work,
    Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.