Thread: Autoresize iframe don' work!

Thanks

Default Autoresize iframe don' work!

Hi,

I've tried the iframe autoresize script from Dynamic Drive,
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...messi2_dev.htm
    but it only works if the document inside the iframe is on the same server.

I have two webservers and I want to be able to show webpages from webserver 2 inside the iframe on webserver 1. Is this possible?

Firefox generate following error in the Javascript console:
    Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.body' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Using absolute paths may help.

One thing you haven't made clear is -

Is the error the result of showing the content in the iframe, or is it the result of the content attempting to resize the iframe?

An obvious approach would be to put the pages all on one server, use the extra server only for content that doesn't cause a problem.

Another approach would be to put the resizable iframe on the remote server and an additional fullpage iframe or, a frame page with only one frame, on the main server to contain all that.

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I'm using absolute paths. The error shows up when I load the page with the iframe. I don't have any problems when the iframe source file is local but as soon as I try to load an external page the error pops up and the iframe don't resize anymore. I've found several autoresize scripts but they all have the same problem with cross domain.

It seems to be a security issue. I've found some documentation at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tingframes.asp
    and
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tingframes.asp

I'm not a JS expert, so I don't know how to solve the problem if it can be solved.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    Another approach would be to put the resizable iframe on the remote server and an additional fullpage iframe or, a frame page with only one frame, on the main server to contain all that.
    Have you tried this suggestion?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate