Thread: Swiss: useful cosmetics

Thanks

Default Swiss: useful cosmetics

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fadein Slideshow v1.5

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I'd like to inform the visitor about mouseover pausing the show and I'd also like to let her "see" when the show is paused, so:

- what should I do to place a text below the buttons (moving them a little bit towards the top)?

- how can I make a text like "show is paused" appear when the show is stopped with mouseover (maybe replacing the text about mouseover)?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

i - See:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26953

for information on and a link to an interim update of the script that allows for repositioning things just about any way that you would like via css style.

ii - That would require a mod of the script. Near the end of the script you can find:

Code:
    inter_slide.prototype.startit=function(){
    this.playing=1
    var crossobj=this.go(this.curcanvas)
    this.populateslide(crossobj, this.nextimgidx)
    if (this.pausecheck==1){ //if slideshow should pause onmouseover
    var cacheobj=this
    var crossobjcontainer=this.go("master"+this.issid)
    crossobjcontainer.onmouseover=function(){cacheobj.mouseovercheck=1}
    crossobjcontainer.onmouseout=function(){cacheobj.mouseovercheck=0}
    }
    this.rota . . .
    It is the two red highlighted lines we are concerned with. They initiate (onmouseover) and cancel (onmouseout) the pausing. You can add to their code to hide and reveal a message of your choosing that you can create, style, and position wherever you like (additions red)

Code:
    crossobjcontainer.onmouseover=function(){cacheobj.go("pause"+cacheobj.issid).style.visibility="visible";cacheobj.mouseovercheck=1}
    crossobjcontainer.onmouseout=function(){cacheobj.go("pause"+cacheobj.issid).style.visibility="hidden";cacheobj.mouseovercheck=0}
    Example markup for the message division:

HTML Code:
    <div id="pause0" style="visibility:hidden;">Show is Paused</div>
    The 0 in the id (pause0) refers to which show on the page it is. If you have only one show, this number will be 0. If you have two shows on the same page, the first will be 0 and the second will be 1. Three shows would be numbered 0, 1, and 2. Etc.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

... easy life, being a coder...

thanks for your help and for the ease with which you deliver it