Thread: Template Border Question

Thanks

Default Template Border Question

I am coding a relatively simple template but have been stumped by what to do with the border/background. I want the border to extend as the page extends, but the top part of the border can not repeat and needs to stay in place at the top. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? As of now, I am trying to use one big image for the border that is wider than the content of the page by however much the border sticks out on each side which works fine for an expanding border, but not so good with the fixed and expanding. Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of the border:
    Thanks DD, you saved me countless times

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Use the old MySpace trick... 2 divs, one big one, a container for the background pic.. set the width and height to 100%, then inside that div, one for the content, set to the sizes you need them to stay at.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZZaRD View Post
    Use the old MySpace trick... 2 divs, one big one, a container for the background pic.. set the width and height to 100%, then inside that div, one for the content, set to the sizes you need them to stay at.
    I am not sure exactly what you mean, but I don't think that will work in this case because I need the top of the border (410px high) to be one thing and then the rest to be another image that expands as the page expands.

I was hoping that I can do something to set the divs background image and then also set a background that will only appear at the top of that div, but once the content gets larger than that image, it will display the default background.

Here is a code I tried that doesn't work, but may help to show what I need:
    Code:
    #border { width: 900px; height: auto; background: url('images/border.jpg') repeat-y url('images/border_large.jpg') top; float: left; }
    I know that you can set a background color to take over if the content is larger than the background image ( #border { background: #ffffff url('someurl.jpg'); } ) so I am hoping that the same can be done with images and I just don't know the code.

Thanks
    Thanks DD, you saved me countless times