Thread: Falling Snow

Thanks

Default Falling Snow

Hi, I have copied the script and pasted into my HTML under body and copied the snow.gif file. I have changed the URL, but I cannot get it to work. Script is at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/snow.htm. Can anyone e-mail with an idiots guide to what I should do? Thanks in advance, Rick.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

The idiot's guide is on the demo page you linked to in your post. If you give us a link to your page, we could try to see what the trouble is:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Falling Snow

Hi the link is http://www.rick-hanson.co.uk/Newwebsite/index10.htm thanks for taking time to look for me. Best regards, Rick

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

The best that I can tell is that your editor has mangled the script. Go back to the demo page. You have already successfully completed Step 1. Re-do Step 2 (replace the mangled script on your page with a fresh copy from the demo page), but this time use a text-only editor like notepad. After adding the script to the page with notepad, don't open the page in Website Manager (CORONA) or Office or whatever you used that messed it up, ever again.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you John, I now have it working perfectly.
    New question, as Website Manager messed this operation up for me, could you guide me on a web page editor that will not mess this script up? It's just that I have been evaluating Website Manager over the last week and it has done all I wanted it to up to now, and I would rather not go ahead and purchase if there are small faults like this. I do aprecite your help with the Falling Snow script. Best Regards, Rick.